waste of time and money - LED kitchen light
I've learned, the hard way, never to buy bulbs from the Big Orange Box.  I've yet to have one last longer than a year be it CFL or LED.  I've had much better luck with Amazon.
Mike

If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room!

But not today...
men ards is no better
I've fallen into the trap of buying a box of bulbs for a good price, but those bulbs don't seem to last long
heck, no furniture or appliance lasts long in this house with the way everything gets abused by my wife and girls - but I digress
Ray
(01-07-2017, 06:06 PM)DogwoodTales Wrote: men ards is no better
I've fallen into the trap of buying a box of bulbs for a good price, but those bulbs don't seem to last long
heck, no furniture or appliance lasts long in this house with the way everything gets abused by my wife and girls - but I digress

They sure are, and not as trainable as boys. Menards dosnt question returns though.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE EQUALS WISDOM. RMB
The SO asked me today, "what are you going to do to day"? I said "nothing".  She said, "that's what you did yesterday"! Me, "Yes love, but I was not finished yet"!!!!!!!!
Smirk

I've never had an issue with returns at any box store.
With that said, I would also recommend that you link your purchases to an email address (just set up a junk email address to use for this and on-line purchases).
You will never be without a receipt and the store can search for purchases by the email address if you don't happen to have the receipt or credit card used for the purchase.

The Menards here are two levels, frickin huge, and a pta to navigate.
I go to one on occasion because it's close to work, but I never really like the experience, even though the staff is always friendly etc.
There are some things I will not buy there because of their floor plan and gated lumber yard.
I once bought 12 ft trim there, again only because it was close to work. It was in the back corner of the second level.
I had to carry it across the store, down the 150 ft long conveyor, and back across the store to get to the register.
N e v e r again will I do that. I complained to them about it too. I will now take the time to go to another store for such things - and I told them that too.
I don't like their "rebate" program either as they just give you credit to spend only at their store.
I mean, I don't blame them for that, but I still don't like it because I don't like going there much as it is.
The floor plans of HD and Lowes are much better here.
Okay - enough rant about menards. I am digressing from the original topic.

I bought a light fixture that uses regular bulbs for the main kitchen ceiling light.
It's a small kitchen, so it's plenty for now. But when I remodel later this year (I hope) I will be redoing the lighting.
Thanks for the suggestions and replies to all.
Ray
I've been using the CREE bulbs from Home depot. So far, 100% success. Even the one I dropped and broke off the glass globe is working fine in my desk lamp.
Rocket Science is more fun when you actually have rockets. 

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government." -- Patrick Henry
(01-07-2017, 07:45 PM)DogwoodTales Wrote: I've never had an issue with returns at any box store.
With that said, I would also recommend that you link your purchases to an email address (just set up a junk email address to use for this and on-line purchases).
You will never be without a receipt and the store can search for purchases by the email address if you don't happen to have the receipt or credit card used for the purchase.

The Menards here are two levels, frickin huge, and a pta to navigate.
I go to one on occasion because it's close to work, but I never really like the experience, even though the staff is always friendly etc.
There are some things I will not buy there because of their floor plan and gated lumber yard.
I once bought 12 ft trim there, again only because it was close to work. It was in the back corner of the second level.
I had to carry it across the store, down the 150 ft long conveyor, and back across the store to get to the register.
N e v e r again will I do that. I complained to them about it too. I will now take the time to go to another store for such things - and I told them that too.
I don't like their "rebate" program either as they just give you credit to spend only at their store.
I mean, I don't blame them for that, but I still don't like it because I don't like going there much as it is.
The floor plans of HD and Lowes are much better here.
Okay - enough rant about menards. I am digressing from the original topic.

I bought a light fixture that uses regular bulbs for the main kitchen ceiling light.
It's a small kitchen, so it's plenty for now. But when I remodel later this year (I hope) I will be redoing the lighting.
Thanks for the suggestions and replies to all.
I prefer Menards here in WI,  over HD and Lowes, most M stores are laid out the same, all on one level, they did have one that they closed that was 2 levels and it was a PITA. I can call in at a Dept desk if I need someone that goes right to there company cell phone and get almost immediate attention, not at the other 2.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE EQUALS WISDOM. RMB
The SO asked me today, "what are you going to do to day"? I said "nothing".  She said, "that's what you did yesterday"! Me, "Yes love, but I was not finished yet"!!!!!!!!
Smirk

(01-07-2017, 08:18 PM)MikeBob Wrote: I prefer Menards here in WI,  over HD and Lowes, most M stores are laid out the same, all on one level, they did have one that they closed that was 2 levels and it was a PITA. I can call in at a Dept desk if I need someone that goes right to there company cell phone and get almost immediate attention, not at the other 2.

When I'm up north I buy most of what I need from menards. Mainly because they have it... HD and lowes here at home don't carry didly squat compared to menards. It isn't the best laid out store however some of our HDs here are horrible. There is one in south fort worth that looks like it was designed by a blind drunk and now they have made it worse by blocking off one of the main aisles to the back with with a row of fridges( well till the fire marshal makes a visit)
(01-07-2017, 04:58 PM)DogwoodTales Wrote:  Ugh! Will this.crap ever end?
no. SATSQ.  Thus my series of threads entitled "It's always something"

My sister hired someone to do some work in her bathroom.  This person broke the feed line to the toilet and  and the water poured down from a light j-box downstairs.  
This was the day before the home inspector was due to show up
House is getting back at her for selling, because it knows it will only be able to torture her for a little while longer.
(01-07-2017, 10:12 PM)EricU Wrote: no. SATSQ.  Thus my series of threads entitled "It's always something"

My sister hired someone to do some work in her bathroom.  This person broke the feed line to the toilet and  and the water poured down from a light j-box downstairs.  
This was the day before the home inspector was due to show up
House is getting back at her for selling, because it knows it will only be able to torture her for a little while longer.

Yeah I worry about that happening to me when we go to sell next year... Just because houses and tools and physical items aaren't really alive doesn't mean they don't have a grudge against humans.
I've got about 2 bazillion old school 60W bulbs I'ma gonna use up before I ever think about LED light fixtures.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020