Drum sander veneer jig pics?
I need to drum sand some shopsawn veneers to thickness. They are 10" wide and 40" long. I have a Ryobi 16-32 and want to know how to go about it.

I was going to spray mount some sandpaper to a plywood board at least as big as my veneers and just lay the veneers on top. Is there going to be enough friction to hold the veneers on the board or do I need to try something else?

Thanks
Paul
how thin is the veneer going to end up? 

that determines how one goes about this 

Joe
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

I'm aiming for 3/32".
if your machine is capable of getting down to that thickness you do not need to even build a carrier I take mine to 1/16" without one 

If not then I would just so as you suggested glue some sandpaper to the carrier 

You might use a piece of double stick tape at the leading edge (infeed) of the jig so it does not try to curl up under the feed rollers but even that is doubtful
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

Paul

I used double stick tape at the corners to keep everything down and if it is long one small piece in the middle.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
When I had the same sander I had no problem going down to 1/16" with no carrier. I seem to remember that I had to adjust the thickness stop but it was not so difficult as to be memorable; possibly just two jamb nuts on the threaded rod that raises the head?
Thanks all. Following your advice, I just ran the sheets through without a backer. 3/32" is actually pretty thick. Quite a difference from the 1/42" stuff I'm used to.