Silicone on shower door
Ant tips as I venture into removing the old and laying new?  What is the best way to get the old off?  Products for removal?  Or, protocol to follow?  I will probably lay tape when applying so that I keep it contained and not smeared everywhere.
It's all good till it's no good anymore.
Rule #1. It's easier to add a bit more than it is to wipe off big gobs. Lay a small bead, smooth it, and touch up any gaps while its fresh.
Blackhat

Bad experiences come from poor decisions. So do good stories. 

Single edge razor blades will slice it off if it's cured.
Cheap scalpel handle and blades from eBay. Get a #4 handle and probably #25A or #26 blades (there are many choices). Be careful!

P.S.  These have many uses!
Silicone remover.
HD sells it, but they have a relatively lame product.
Ace sells a better one. I forgot the name, but it comes in a purple package and tube.
You can also use goof-off, but it is slow.
(01-09-2017, 03:20 AM)Herb G Wrote: Single edge razor blades will slice it off if it's cured.

+1 and get a good holder
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

i have used multi tool with scraper blade, as well as a razor blade as others mentioned.
I tried not believing.  That did not work, so now I just believe
When applying the new, less is better with mineral spirits on your finger tip to smooth out, dont do it with a dry finger. Cut only a 1/16"opening on the tube, less is better.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE EQUALS WISDOM. RMB
The SO asked me today, "what are you going to do to day"? I said "nothing".  She said, "that's what you did yesterday"! Me, "Yes love, but I was not finished yet"!!!!!!!!
Smirk