Finished Walnut trestle table
Very nice!

Cool
Cool
Cool
Cool
"One should respect public opinion insofar as is necessary to avoid starvation and keep out of prison, but anything that goes beyond this is voluntary submission to an unnecessary tyrany, and is likely to interfere with happiness in all kinds of ways."
That's a gorgeous table. You did an excellent job.
Making the top out of only two boards and book matched no less.
It doesn't get any better than that!
Wow, you did some beautiful boards justice with that. Bravo, brilliantly executed!

Michael
Every day find time to appreciate life. It is far too short and 'things' happen. RIP Willem
I love it!  It’s a piece of art!  I am starting to mill my walnut to get an idea of grain patterns.  I got a very good deal on walnut.  My ruff cut was about 1 1/8 thick.  By the time I get to the finished thickness I am afraid I’ll end up with ¾.  I’m concerned it will be too thin to stay flat like yours.  I’ve never worked with walnut or glued up that wide of surface of 48”.  I have the option of veneer but the wife would like solid. I would love to do it like yours.
Could you tell us the finishing process used?
I used Waterlox with sanding with 600 grit between coats. Then rubbed it out with 0000 steel wool and wax.

There are two theories to arguing with a woman... neither works.

My stuff
Great look. Nice base also.
Woodwork... It's what I do for a living.
(well, such as it may be, It's my job)
((cept my boss is a @#!*&))
I think I'm gonna fire myself for that
Very nicely done.  I would be proud of that.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.