Finished Walnut trestle table
Outstanding work and just a beautiful piece of walnut. Could you maybe post a picture of the base? I am going to start a new table myself out of some curly maple and was thinking of a trestle type base and I`m looking for some ideas.
I was asked to post pics of the base. On the base foot i used 12/4 so there wouldn't be a glue line. One if the nice things about cutting your own tree is getting it sawed the way you want. If i had to buy the walnut for this table I doubt i would have been able to afford the boards
Smile

Attached Files Image(s)

There are two theories to arguing with a woman... neither works.

My stuff
really nice. that top is gorgeous
(01-09-2017, 07:18 AM)frigator Wrote: Wow, what a beautiful top. Wide,two board, book matched. Doesn't get much better than that

This. Great job.
If you're gonna be one, be a Big Red One.
That is one truly gorgeous piece of work.

g
I've only had one...in dog beers.

"You can see the stars and still not see the light"
The Eagles: Already Gone
Thanks for all the kind comments. Really enjoyed building this table. It was fun taking the time to do justice to that beautiful walnut

There are two theories to arguing with a woman... neither works.

My stuff
That table is a thing of beauty, and you should be proud to have made it. I agree you won't walk into a furniture store and find that table in a catalog. Nice job.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Very, very nice.
(01-09-2017, 08:39 PM)rick4212 Wrote: I was asked to post pics of the base. On the base foot i used 12/4 so there wouldn't be a glue line. One if the nice things about cutting your own tree is getting it sawed the way you want. If i had to buy the walnut for this table I doubt i would have been able to afford the boards
Smile

Lovely - beautiful work and a nice story on the tree! 
Yes

Doug
Love the table.

After reading the comments i think some of them where about your wife.
John

Always use the right tool for the job.

We need to clean house.