How thick are your veneers?
(01-09-2017, 09:36 PM)wood2woodknot Wrote: I would love some day to get the chance to see this in action.

Thanks for the information.

-ajh

In General I am not real impressed with the Cinci WoodCraft, but at the Dayton store they do resawing on a fairly frequent basis. Usually Saturdays to catch the most guys off work. It's on the South side of town. Go out 675 N and it's about the third exit at Alex Bell going toward Far Hills/Main Street, go across the light on Far Hills, and it's in the shopping center to your left. Go in toward the end of the center, and WoodCraft is right there to your left.

Woodcraft of Dayton
Cross Pointe Centre
175 E. Alex-Bell Rd.
Dayton, OH 45459
Call Us: (937) 438-1282
Fax Us: (937) 438-0119
Email Us: dayton-retail@woodcraft.com
Sunday: 12 PM - 5 PM
Monday: 9 AM - 7 PM
Tuesday: 9 AM - 7 PM
Wednesday: 9 AM - 7 PM
Thursday: 9 AM - 9 PM
Friday: 9 AM - 7 PM
Saturday: 9 AM - 6 PM

Give Allen or the guys a call, and see what their schedule is.

You could also ask at Rockler, they might have something. Used to be you could see any woodworking function at Mueller, but they have grown lazy. I think if you paid them they might show you. Lord knows they have the tools to do resaw.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
(01-09-2017, 09:36 PM)wood2woodknot Wrote: Wow!  I had no idea you could be cutting that thin on your band saws, and all the other steps for flattening, sanding, planing. This is just amazing to me. I would love some day to get the chance to see this in action.

-ajh

Here's a short video Dave Diaman posted last year when I was asking about what BS to buy: Link.  When I get a chance I'll take a video of cutting some veneer on my new Grizzly.  It brings a smile to my face every time I use it.

John
More thanks to Steve and John....and I might make it up to Dayton one of these days (well, probably not until spring unless I get bored).

(01-09-2017, 09:36 PM)wood2woodknot Wrote: Wow!  I had no idea you could be cutting that thin on your band saws, and all the other steps for flattening, sanding, planing. This is just amazing to me. I would love some day to get the chance to see this in action.

-ajh

Just setting up a new bandsaw (G0555LX) with riser block this week.  1/2" 3tpi hook blade, the cheapo one that Grizzly sells.  Other than still needing a smidge-o-adjustment on the fence, no problems cutting in the 1/16" and less range.

[Image: 32239667435_5012688e74_z.jpg]

However typically I've cut things closer to 1/8" in the past and then worked them into final thickness as needed.  1/16" was more of a test thickness.
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin