Router setup for rabbit question
I'd use a short 7/8 CD cutter. Set fence for 3/4".
And I'd climb cut. (Practice on scrap).
Pat Warner
(01-09-2017, 05:09 PM)CARYinWA Wrote: #7694 provided you the d is 3/4" and the h is 1/16"  or do you want it the other way around?
http://www.mlcswoodworking.com/shopsite_...abbet.html

I sure Freud , Whiteside, etc make them also.  This was a visual to see which way you are cutting
That's the way, but a fence is required, because the "d" is actually the width of the ply being used, not actually 3/4"
I long for the days when Coke was a soft drink, and Black and Decker was a quality tool.
Happiness is a snipe free planer
Here is a pic. Being as the width is less than 3/4", a 3/4" bit would work, as long as it's bottom cutting.
I long for the days when Coke was a soft drink, and Black and Decker was a quality tool.
your terminology and mine do not match 

You want perpendicular  joinery 

as in using it to align cabinet frames to carcasses 

Any bottom cutting bit 3/4" or a bigger will work 

[Image: 41PCky3Ta1L.jpg]
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

(01-15-2017, 07:09 PM)Pirate Wrote: Here is a pic. Being as the width is less than 3/4", a 3/4" bit would work, as long as it's bottom cutting.

For that joint I would use a TS/dado blade. If I was going to set up a router to join corners it would also be able to provide plenty of glue surface, and act as a self squaring corner to decrease my work load. Something like a lock miter. Once adjusted all you need are consistently thick stock parts, and you can go go go. If you had any number of boxes to make any time spent setting up would be more than saved on assembly.

[Image: m2ZTqcjIBR8UkE0F0SXVDdg.jpg]

With a drawer lock bit you can use different sized pieces of stock, and still make a solid joint.

[Image: 31VKXQ4X9ML.jpg]
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
(01-15-2017, 09:12 PM)JGrout Wrote: your terminology and mine do not match 

Yeah, until the pic came around I was like WT????????

GW
Its not "rabbit", its

"Rabbet" (Am) or "rebate) (Eng)
At any point did you not understand the discussion though? It's a woodworking forum. I think you want to check this place out

GW
(01-16-2017, 04:05 PM)Steve N Wrote: For that joint I would use a TS/dado blade. If I was going to set up a router to join corners it would also be able to provide plenty of glue surface, and act as a self squaring corner to decrease my work load. Something like a lock miter. Once adjusted all you need are consistently thick stock parts, and you can go go go. If you had any number of boxes to make any time spent setting up would be more than saved on assembly.

[Image: m2ZTqcjIBR8UkE0F0SXVDdg.jpg]

With a drawer lock bit you can use different sized pieces of stock, and still make a solid joint.

[Image: 31VKXQ4X9ML.jpg]
I think it would be nice to have a dedicated, setup to cut the "rabbet" And being I have a number of unused routers, that's what I want to use.
I have a lock miter, and a drawer lock bit, but it's not needed for what I want to do.
The lock miter is nice, for a miter, but a bit of a setup is needed. Only used mine 1 time.