Looked everywhere but can't find it.
Can't find the plastic template I had for drilling the cup and mounting screws for a concealed Euro Hinge.
Assuming its gone forever to the land of lost drill bits, utility knives and small parts.
There's a Rockler near me so I searched for 'Euro hinge template' and was rewarded with an offer on a  $275 contraption.  The one I lost was a piece of clear plastic with the three holes in it and a right angle bend to set against the edge of the door.

What is the distance from the edge of the door to the center of the cup?  Its an overlay type door and I'd like the measurement in inches, not mm.

Thanks.
kreg makes one.

https://www.amazon.com/Kreg-Company-KHI-...GWRQZ27FSZ
pretty sure I got the same $10 gadget at Woodcraft. This the one I have

http://www.woodcraft.com/product/143958/...d-bit.aspx

They have another one that actually guides the bit
4 mm well from the edge; to the center it is 21.5 mm

Joe
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

Buy another one, use it only once, and the one you cannot find will be found.
Laugh

Don't ask me how I know that this will work....
You can always go to Blum's website  and download the info. for the hinge you are using.  Very detailed info. for every product they offer.

John
Is this it from Home Depot ?     LINK  
  Roly
I think John offered the best advice. Not every hinge style has the same placement. It may be the case that you always use the same kind of hinge and its no biggie but having worked in a cabinet shop I can say there are a million kinds of hinges and they won't work if you don't put the hole in the right spot.
How do you know you're learning anything if you don't screw up once in awhile?

My blog: http://birdsandboards.blogspot.com/
(01-11-2017, 11:29 AM)mr_skittle Wrote: I think John offered the best advice. Not every hinge style has the same placement.  It may be the case that you always use the same kind of hinge and its no biggie but having worked in a cabinet shop I can say there are a million kinds of hinges and they won't work if you don't put the hole in the right spot.

The only ones that is true with are the specialty hinges like pie door or lift hinges 

door hinges from Blum, Grass and a multitude of others are all the same 

I never move the centering on my Omal boring machine and they all work just fine 

JME
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

What I had was like the little plastic ones linked to.  IIRC the bit wasn't much so I bought another that has served well.  I just need the plastic piece but, if the measurement can be determined, its easy enough to make a jig set to hold the drill mark 2 or 3 inches from the top or bottom of the door.  I've used the missing jig for several brands of hinge.  Overlay and flush doors and for joining bi-folds.  They've all been 35 mm and the same distance from the edge.