Looking for Edge Banding for Acrylic Sign
I was hoping the sign guys could help with this one. I am trying to find edge banding for an oval piece of acrylic that would end up press fitting over and enclosure that would be mounted on a building. The sign is bolted to the building with the light fixture inside and the acrylic has a graphic on it that gets backlit. I haven't seen the sign myself but my understanding is the front acrylic piece with the business name is just press fit using the edge banding.

My girlfriends sign shop is trying to remake the acrylic piece but neither of are familiar with the edgebading material that almost looks like flat t-molding but has a recess in it for the acrylic piece and it just appears to be glued together. It's nothing fancy and actually crude if you ask me but I guess it was a cheap sign.
Try US Plastics...
Figured I would come full circle, I found out what it is.  The stuff is called Jewelite or Trim Cap, here is an example.

http://www.geminisignproducts.com/en/let.../trim-cap/
Have you considered a polished edge?  Flame polishing is fast and easy and looks terrific.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
I believe the edge banding is the only thing holding the acrylic sign over the base that is mounted to the building, like a press fit.  All the customer wanted was a new graphic over the acrylic but she cracked it and now needs to replace the whole piece.
Acrylic should not crack.  It was probably not UV resistant and the plastic broke down.  

I've seen signs where the colors faded badly and that is not UV resistant colors.  But there is UV resistant plastic also.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
Good point, the old one was probably just plastic.
Brian Fastcap edge banding products are pretty slick I am not sure about clear though, but you can do a contrast like Bronze on an edge out of PVC, and they can work with you on sizes, and adhesives, etc. Easy Peasy to use too.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW