Another electrical question.
(01-18-2017, 10:57 AM)rwe2156 Wrote: No it wouldn't.  Electricity always seeks ground so if the metal roof is not grounded, there is no potential difference so there is no current.

Uh, yeah, If the metal roof was hot, and the person was only touching the roof, no current would flow through their body. It doesn't necessarily follow that an energized metal roof doesn't present any electrocution hazard. I can think of a couple of ways someone might manage to get one part of their body touching the roof, and have another portion of their body at earth potential. I believe that was the hazard the OP was referring to.
What if there is an aluminum extension leaning on the roof? You have to up there some way.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE EQUALS WISDOM. RMB
The SO asked me today, "what are you going to do to day"? I said "nothing".  She said, "that's what you did yesterday"! Me, "Yes love, but I was not finished yet"!!!!!!!!
Smirk

(01-22-2017, 01:07 PM)MikeBob Wrote: What if there is an aluminum extension leaning on the roof? You have to up there some way.
If you were standing on the ladder you would be in the pathway to ground.

If you were standing on roof not the ladder you're not in the pathway to ground.
(01-22-2017, 06:53 PM)rwe2156 Wrote: If you were standing on the ladder you would be in the pathway to ground.

If you were standing on roof not the ladder you're not in the pathway to ground.

That is what I thought, but was not sure if the roof was hot too when standing on it.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE EQUALS WISDOM. RMB
The SO asked me today, "what are you going to do to day"? I said "nothing".  She said, "that's what you did yesterday"! Me, "Yes love, but I was not finished yet"!!!!!!!!
Smirk