Looking for a corner clamp for 4" wide molding
I have molding for a grandfather clock that is 4" wide. This molding will not fit into the corner clamps I have. These clamps will not hold for gluing any pieces wider than 3.5". Are there any corner clamps that will hold pieces that are over 4" wide? I might have to build a jig to hold these pieces but it would be easier and faster to buy a clamp that will do the job. Thanks.
Just cut a piece of particle board, plywood or MDF into a square about 9" x 9".  

Cut a hole in the center of the square large enough to accommodate two bar clamps set at 90 degree angles.  (I used a hole saw about 3" in diameter, and that worked fine.)

I keep several of these on hand for assembling cabinet boxes.  It assures that the boxes are square.  They are very handy to keep around; they store easily on a peg hook and they are very cheap to make out of scrap 3/4" thick sheet goods.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
Cooler
Can you please post a picture of this simple jig in use?
Thanks
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
I will take the photos over the weekend and post next Monday.
Here is my favorite method.  The pics are complements of woodgears.ca (found via Google), which I believe is Mathias Wendell's site.

[Image: corner_clamping.jpg]

And here is a video

I tried not believing.  That did not work, so now I just believe
And here is what Cooler was talking about (I think)
http://www.woodmagazine.com/woodworking-...ping-tasks
I tried not believing.  That did not work, so now I just believe
(01-13-2017, 12:52 PM)Gary G™ Wrote: Cooler
Can you please post a picture of this simple jig in use?
Thanks

Just Google Plywood clamping corners and you will be awash in ideas. Many of them if you click the "visit page" will take you to a nice article about how to make and use them
Big Grin

This pic

[Image: right_angle_jig2.jpg]

Turns into this article
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Cecil: Thank you. I was just looking for something better that what I had for a project upon which I am working. These should do it.
Steve's version works the same as mine.  Mine is faster to make but there is little to distinguish the two.  (I don't know why the image is showing so small though.)  The material is 3/4" thick stock that I had in the shop--this one happens to be melamine clad, but any 3/4" thick stock will do.  The square it 9" x 90" and the opening is about 5" x 5" with 2" on each side.  

[Image: Clamp%201_zpsrvjcmhfl.png]
Even if you click it, the image stays a thumbnail in Photo bucket too. Maybe you have flicked a switch to display thumbnail view only?
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW