Stanley USA 60 1/2 Low Angle Block Plane
This is a Stanley 60 ½ (low angle, adjustable mouth) block plane. The blade is 1 3/8” wide and the sole is 6” long. The japanning is near 100%. The knurling on the blade adjustment knob is also very fine. The blade is marked “Stanley MADE IN USA”. The blade is sharp; the pictures shown shavings from walnut and heart pine.

My asking price is $55 plus $6.80 shipping (or possibly less).

[Image: 6_IMG_0773.jpg]

[Image: 7_IMG_0774.jpg]

[Image: 1_IMG_0768.jpg]

[Image: 2_IMG_0769.jpg]

[Image: 3_IMG_0770.jpg]

[Image: 4_IMG_0771.jpg]

[Image: 5_IMG_0772.jpg]
Bump1
I can't speak to the what an old Stanley 60 1/2 is worth, but I do want to point out that these are very good block planes. One of the features you might not notice is that that bed on which the iron sits is pretty wide--much wider than on some other vintage block planes. This creates a solid base for the iron and helps to hold it tight.  I have an old 60 1/2 and bought a Lie Nielsen replacement iron for it--it's a little thicker than the original. I recommend it. It works great. There's very little slop in the adjuster, too.
Price is now $50 plus shipping.
Price is now $45 plus shipping.
(01-24-2017, 10:43 AM)Bach Wrote: Price is now $45 plus shipping.

PM sent
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin
SOLD()