Workshop flooring
If it were me I would pay a little more and install sanded plywood on top of sleepers. I've had two of these floors in my previous shops and they were great to work on. Can also run any electrical underneath and have plugs right at your machines. I would not put any finish on it as I put poly on my first floor and it was a little slick with sawdust.

I haven't put the floor down in my new shop as I can no longer get down on my knees. So I'm going to have to hire someone like you.
With the effort of getting everything gathered, and doing the installation, I would guess he'll have a full day (or more) doing it. That doesn't make the price sound too bad.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(01-13-2017, 08:47 PM)DaveParkis Wrote: I have a concrete floor and I use the interlocking tiles like those sold at HF. This has worked out very well for me. Easy to clean, I can change it easily if I want to, and it's relatively inexpensive. The cushiness is also helpful for my knees/back and when a tool gets dropped.

Which interlocking tiles?  Thanks
I tried not believing.  That did not work, so now I just believe
(01-13-2017, 09:14 PM)MikeBob Wrote: In mine a basement and some in the garage, both on concrete, I have the HF floor pads in front of my machinery and work benches, works great, and way cheaper then what you are thinking about. Also I have a stool on wheels that has a height adjustable seat that I use a lot at the bench.

(01-13-2017, 09:38 PM)JGrout Wrote: On a different note I would never put a plastic laminate floor down in a shop 

that stuff is dangerous with debris on it 

JME

Maybe we can get a comment on this from Cian, who is a regular here and has had his laminate installed for at least a couple of years. I'll PM him. Any others who've installed laminate who care to comment?

Doug
(01-14-2017, 06:03 PM),Tapper Wrote: Maybe we can get a comment on this from Cian, who is a regular here and has had his laminate installed for at least a couple of years. I'll PM him. Any others who've installed laminate who care to comment?

Doug

My nephews has a concrete basement floor with an epoxy smooth finish on it, he is a turner, with chips and fines on it it is very slippery.
Mom has a Prego laminate floor in her kitchen, slipperier then snot when wet.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE EQUALS WISDOM. RMB
The SO asked me today, "what are you going to do to day"? I said "nothing".  She said, "that's what you did yesterday"! Me, "Yes love, but I was not finished yet"!!!!!!!!
Smirk

Ditto on the horse mats, I have a 16 x 20 shop and installed these around the stationary tools.  It would have been too much work to move heavy tools and work bench to put it on entire floor.  Has worked well for over 10 years.  They are similar to these.
http://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product...-ft-x-6-ft

Bob
This comes up once a year or so.  I have laminate flooring in my basement woodshop.  Going on 7 years now.  I wanted a floor that didn't decrease the ceiling height.  I did the water test over the course of several months prior and had no sign of moisture seeping through the concrete (modern house with drain tiles and a sump pit).  I placed 6mil poly sheathing beneath a foam padded vapor barrier underlayment - belt and suspenders.  Admittedly, I did find the floor slippery at first, but had discovered a very fine layer of dust on the boards from the factory.  Maybe a manufacturing by-product of the aluminum oxide surface treatment?  Anyway, a thorough sweeping took care of that issue, and I have not found the floor to be slippery since.  The floor looks and feels great - major oohs and ahhs from anyone that visits and not one has complained about slipping.  Actually, I wear rubber soled shoes while in the shop and can make my shoes squeak as in a gym floor. However, I am not one to let sawdust accumulate and I do have a decent dust collection setup.  I'd do it again without hesitation. YMMV.

[Image: 20100105_Floor_e_zpsa9ycg4zu.jpg]
[Image: 20120301_125625_zpsewdthcox.jpg]
(01-14-2017, 11:53 AM)Cecil Wrote: Which interlocking tiles?  Thanks

I can't find the HF ones, but these are pretty much the same thing. http://www.sears.com/norsk-2-ft-x-2-ft-6...lsrc=aw.ds
Currently a smarta$$ but hoping to one day graduate to wisea$$
Costco also has them from time to time. When I was in ours a couple weeks ago they had rhetoric 6 pack for around $11. 

Only problems with them is that you can't roll machines over it and vacuuming takes a special technique.
(01-14-2017, 06:03 PM)Tapper Wrote: Maybe we can get a comment on this from Cian, who is a regular here and has had his laminate installed for at least a couple of years. I'll PM him. Any others who've installed laminate who care to comment?

Doug

It is just like I have no experience, a regular rookie with just an opinion 

Tell you what why don't you put it down in your shop if you even have one and get back with us 

then we shall have it from the oracle hissself 

HAND
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy