Kansas City - The Wood Show - Breakfast??
Each year, some of us get together for breakfast prior to the Wood Show. Anyone local or coming into town for the show up for joining us??

Last year, as before, we gathered at LePeep's (gotta remember which one...), but we are open for other locations.

The show is once again at the Governor's Hall, by Kemper Arena, so that opens up possibilities.

Let me know! I have at least 4 of us so far.

-Greg
" The founding fathers weren't trying to protect citizens' rights to have an interesting hobby." I Learn Each Day 1/18/13

www.RUSTHUNTER.com

Winkgrin
Cool
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Take pics, have fun, and report on how the food was. We already know what to expect at the show
Big Grin
Big Grin
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW

Winkgrin
Winkgrin
Steve

Mo.

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

They had Graham Blackburn for a number of years and then later Paul Sellers. I don't know if they still have any hand tool experts at those shows now.

The best deal was when Norm Abram showed up and talked to visitors. Those were the days.

Simon

Winkgrin
Winkgrin
Winkgrin 

We're gonna have breakfast before the show........
Big Grin
Steve

Mo.

WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(01-16-2017, 01:08 PM)Handplanesandmore Wrote: They had Graham Blackburn for a number of years and then later Paul Sellers. I don't know if they still have any hand tool experts at those shows now.

The best deal was when Norm Abram showed up and talked to visitors. Those were the days.

Simon

Past couple of years:
Ron Herman 
Chuck Bender
Glen Huey (but if there's even the remotest chance of being able to use a palm router, Glen's on it!)
Wink
Roland Johnson (mixed media guy, power and hand)

But I haven't looked at the presenter's list recently for the 2017 show to see who's on deck.  I seem to remember Ron's name but not sure on the others, or new names.
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin
I miss the show,but the sacrifice was worth it.
At least the Legacy people remember me!
VH07V  
(01-20-2017, 11:10 AM)Rob Young Wrote: Past couple of years:
Ron Herman 
Chuck Bender
Glen Huey (but if there's even the remotest chance of being able to use a palm router, Glen's on it!)
Wink
Roland Johnson (mixed media guy, power and hand)

But I haven't looked at the presenter's list recently for the 2017 show to see who's on deck.  I seem to remember Ron's name but not sure on the others, or new names.
Met Glen Huey several years ago when  visited the offices of Popular Woodworking.  Very nice guy.  His book, Fine Furniture for a Lifetime, is a gem.
(01-22-2017, 08:33 PM)EightFingers Wrote: I miss the show,but the sacrifice was worth it.
At least the Legacy people remember me!

Sacrifice???

If moving to Hawaii is a sacrifice, I'm prepared to be drawn and quartered.

Rolleyes

How have you been, Parker?

" The founding fathers weren't trying to protect citizens' rights to have an interesting hobby." I Learn Each Day 1/18/13

www.RUSTHUNTER.com