Live Oak Live Edge Metal Base Desk
I don't stop by here often lately, but I wanted to share photos of my new curved live oak desk, 3 inch slab, with metal base.  I bought the slab already flattened rough, had to sand it smooth and add the finish.  I had the legs made at a metal shop.  I love the feel of the desk, rock solid.  I put a curved 34" 4k monitor on it to match the curved desk.
[Image: IMG_3512.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3511.jpg]
nice table, when I look at the picture it looks like the height of a coffee table.
Very nice table and I like the looks of it and the natural curve.  How did you finish the table?
Where do put all yer stuff? Pens, guns, post it notes, stuff like that?

If you are looking for a raw industrial look, you nailed it. Not my style, but a lot of people like that stark, clean, industrial look.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
I don't generally care for oak, but that slab is gorgeous. Great finishing job.
If you're gonna be one, be a Big Red One.
How are the legs attached?
(01-20-2017, 01:29 PM)MattP Wrote: I don't generally care for oak, but that slab is gorgeous. Great finishing job.

Are you familiar with Live Oak?
(01-20-2017, 10:41 AM)Steve N Wrote: Where do put all yer stuff? Pens, guns, post it notes, stuff like that?

If you are looking for a raw industrial look, you nailed it. Not my style, but a lot of people like that stark, clean, industrial look.

I have a paperless office LOL.  Mostly serious, but I am currently designing a companion piece to do that, maybe a credenza.
Looks fantastic! Did you put felt pads or some other soft surface to avoid marring / gouging the flooring?

michael
Every day find time to appreciate life. It is far too short and 'things' happen. RIP Willem
(01-20-2017, 02:13 PM)MichaelS Wrote: Looks fantastic!  Did you put felt pads or some other soft  surface to avoid marring / gouging the flooring?

michael
Good question, yes I did.  I cut a small rectangle of thin MDF to match the size of the metal feet and stuck a felt pad on it, used black spray paint to match.