Been busy this month...
Trying to build a 5 drawer chest of drawers.    Need it for shop storage....I am about halfway done, at the moment...

Will up date if you want.    Might start on the drawer building in a week or so....
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
Yes we want.... keep'em coming please...
Skip

Yes, do update!   And have fun.

Chris
Chris
To me it is so neat that some one makes everything by hand.
Yes
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Yes we do!
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
Have since attached the second side to the frames, and laid the case on it's back.  

When Iwent to attach the side, I found that there was a bit of wood in the way.   Seems the side was a bit "proud " of the rails I was screwing the frames to....Grrrr

Dig out a chisel, and chop pockets for the frames to sit into.   At least along the front stile.  Back did not really need to be all that neat, so it was just  "plowed out" with a chisel...Frames set much better,,now

Soo now I have both sides attached to the frames, next?   I flip things around a bit, until the case is on it's back.   Added a clamp to keep it ON the bench

That pipe clamp?   It is there, to help install a rail across the front of a web-frame.   The rail is just a 1x2 with a dovetail cut on each end.   I also had to chop out a "socket, to fit the tail into..

Just plain, old Elmer's to attach to the frame's front edge.   That, and a few clamps

There is a lower clamp in there, to help pull a frame up flush with the top edge of the rail.  i hooked onto the next frame up the line.   Place is already acting as a storage place for tools..

Makes it a bit cramped  to work.   Not much room down there, anyway.   I managed to get two rails done, and clamped up...and ran out of clamps.   I do NOT want to use c clamps on the face rails.   Takes forever to get rid of the dimple they leave.   Four more rails to dovetail and install. Then make a frame to hold the top's panel of 1/4" plywood.    Also have some 1/4" plywood for the back, when I can flip the case over to install it, that is. 

Maybe in a week, or so, I can go and buy the lumber to make a few drawers?   Through dovetail on the fronts, dados for the rear, and a Stanley 45 to plough the dados and the grooves for the bottoms to sit in.   Nothing real fancy.
Testing out a different camera, was having "issues" with the last one.....how about a view or two of my little world?
Winkgrin

When you get to the bottom of the stairs to the shop, you'll see these items.....turn a bit to the left..

the sheet of plywood is for a back for the case, and a panel for the top.   The 2x3 is to be resawn down to make a part or two for the top's frame.

And this spot is about where I stand all day long.   Working on the case...

You can almost read the square....

Sooo, maybe the new camera is a little better?
Confused   At least  it hasn't fallen off the tripod, yet.
Rolleyes

Test completed, need to go back and adjust a few other things...
Decided to just carry on with the project, and the camera can catch up when it decides to work...
Worked on dovetails today....each rail get a single tail on each end.....easy enough to do.   But, they need to go into a socket on the corner posts front edge...

Used a dovetailed rail to mark out the location..

Then a chisel to remove the waste inside of the lines...

Until this showed up...

The top rail was a bit different, though..

I worked along one side, and then down the other side.   Once I had both sides for each rail done, I could glue and clamp things in place.

Took a while, but now all the rails are done, just waiting on the glue to cure...

I have since snuck  back down to the shop, removed those clamps, and put all but one away.     Needed it to hold the case to the bench long enough to mark out, and saw a plywood back for the case.   back has been installed, and screwed down.    I also resawed a few parts to make a frame to hold the top's plywood panel.   Will need to get after those with a plane or two...tomorrow.    Have done quite enough, for one day.
Well, got to thinking ( dangerous, I know
Yes ) and went back down to the shop last night.    I removed all the clamps ( and nothing moved...
Rolleyes )  so the clamps got put away.   Still needed one to hold the case to the workbench...Slapped a sheet of 1/4" plywood on the back of the case, and marked out for a couple cuts.   Once it was cut, then a few screws to attach the back.     Soooo, it is now standing in the shop, on it's own four feet..

Sitting on top are a few parts I still have to hand plane smooth..

front part of a frame for the top.   Fancy mitre joint.   I use a screw through the squared section.    There are also a couple ends awaiting the planes...

Will need to plane some end grain, too.   Frame gets both a rebate to house a 1/4" plywood panel..

And will get a molded edge towards the outside edges.    Sounds like more work for the Stanley 45?   First I have to use a few of these plane shaped objects..

To flatten some parts, and remove the saw marks    

Shop will open back up sometime after 2:00 pm....
Wink  stay tuned
Work was done on the top of the case.   Have all the parts shaped, smoothed down, and a brace installed.    I used a dovetail to install a brace between the front and back rails..
A single tail on the brace fits this "socket"

Then the completed frame is attached to the top of the case, using 2" long screws,  countersunk to clear the panel when installed.

The a 1/4 plywood panel was cut to the size needed and installed..

The sash cutter left a tall ridge between the rebate, and the molded edge, and it stood a bit too proud of the panel.

Was able to remove the ridge, and fair it into a slight curve into the existing molded edge......

Out of space for pictures....soooo..