Delta 52" Unisaws
Hi All, it has been a long time since I have posted.  I teach high school woodworking in Southwest Michigan and I am hoping to convince our school and board that Sawstops are the only way to go in a high school woodshop.  We currently have four Delta 52" X5 Unisaws that are ten years old.  They have been very well maintained and have uni-fences.  The school would like me to get an approximate selling price on them.  I was thinking they should be able to get $1500-2000.  Would this seems like a reasonable price?  I know there are a lot of ifs with this question, but there is not surface rust on the tables and they run great.  They are single phase 230V and either 3 or 5 hp.  Any comments would be appreciated.
I would guess that $1500 would be the top end of what you'd get.

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. - Philip K. Dick

Mark

More like $750-$800 tops. In my area, anyway.
I do think that price is quite high, I'm doubtful you'll get that much. Somewhere down in the $1000 (+/-$300) range is going to be more realistic. Have you considered how to sell them? You might be able to sell them here in the S&S section and at least avoid any auctioneer's fees or on-line fees, that may help get a little more money.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
$700 to $800 range I would say.
I live in Mid Mich.
I would agree $750 is a good number to move it. Could put a higher $ on it and wait. I do list larger equipment on Craigslist also. I have had good luck with cl in on the east coast.
I watch SW MI Craigslist on a near-daily basis (live in NW IN, with 2 sons near Kalamazoo). Last 2 X-5's I've seen (listed as hobby use, and pics looked outstanding) were priced at or near $1,500. Both were relisted several times over several months before they seemingly disappeared. You have single phase working in your favor--lot of school stuff is 3 phase. In our area, i'd say the $800 to $1,200 range is about right if in very good to excellent shape. I'd give an edge to original switch. mostly because it improves the chance that they wiring hasn't been "rearranged" over time.

I don't see $2,000 happening, no matter how sweet. At $1,500--you'd have to be very patient and most likely settle at $1,200, which is the ceiling I see locally.

I'd be very interested at $700 to $900, $1,000 tops. Left tilt preferred for me--though at the right money i'd consider a righty!!
earl
Good advise in this thread.

And the same reasons you want a sawstop, are the reasons the Unisaw's don't sell for as much.
I live in South Eastern Mi. and they would fetch around $700.00-$800.00.
Great comments, I really appreciate it. This at least gives a ballpark figure to go to our board and administration with to begin conversations. By the way, the saws are all right tilt. I was not teaching when we purchased these saws and I still do not know why the former teacher purchased right tilt and did not get saw stops. Other than at the time of purchase (2006) they were relatively new to the market.

Any more input is still welcome.