Things to make with a bandsaw when no good movies are on TV
Quickie scrapwood project that is also good practice for cutting compound curves on the bandsaw.

[Image: 31684223873_948fc08654_z.jpg]

Just a couple of 6" chunks of 2x4, a little creative cutting and gluing.  Plus a bit of rasp work, some filing and casual sanding while watching a DVD.
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin
And I thought I kept busy doing little projects. Those are great for just "killing time".
Well done.  It took me quite a while to figure out how you hollowed the inside of the scoop. 

John
Very nice  project from scraps. Unlike John, I couldn't see the technique of hollowing and gluing.
I'd like to make a few. Would you explain the procedure?

Jerry
(01-24-2017, 01:16 PM)budglo Wrote: Very nice  project from scraps. Unlike John, I couldn't see the technique of hollowing and gluing.
I'd like to make a few. Would you explain the procedure?

Jerry

Trace the scoop shape on end grain and cut out the outline and then core, much like a bandsaw box with drawer.  Slide core to end, maybe 3/4" still inside the "U". Glue and clamp. When dry, sketch out profile and plan view of handle. Bandsaw to shape. Consider using some off-cuts to support handle while cutting.

Rasp, file, chisels, sandpaper, spokeshave, whatever it takes to shape things.

Tons of videos on YouTube for bandsaw scoops. Many with terrible lighting, audio and technique. Some with good technique (remember kids, don't hew whatcha grew). Seriously, I'm baffled as to how some of those jokers still have 10 fingers.
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin
Nice scoops Rob.

Agree some of the U Tube yahooos should not own a video camera, well at least it should be illegal for safety reasons.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW