wedge table
knocked this out over the weekend for Daughter and SIL they needed a wedge table between their chairs 

We ran out of time to finish it but she is capable so it is home now 

All found stock ( cutoffs) rift sawn white oak. 

Bottom shelf is notched into the legs and a ( horrors) pocket screw driven in from underneath to secure it.

Top secured with z clips, apron mortise and tenon, legs tapered on two faces

Thanks for looking 

[Image: 20170103_115643_zpsacdqhah3.jpg]

[Image: 20170103_115657_zpsqegqzi6o.jpg]
[Image: 20170103_115704_zpsjwmgnh8j.jpg]
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

Nice project, Joe.  I bet it'll look really nice after finishing. 

Must 'a been hard to sleep after using those pocket screws.  The shame of it.  

John
Nice. Love the angularity.

That's why I like making furniture - to fit a specific space or use that could not be accomplished (purchased) otherwise.

Pocket screws...haha...
A weekend huh? Take me that long just to plan it out. Nice work there
Cool
Cool
Cool
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
how bout a pick from underneath?
“How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.”

- Winnie the Pooh, as relayed through Author A. A. Milne
I will ask for one. 

it is 200 miles from me now
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

Nice table Joe. Only horror would be if it fell apart. Seems some here believe it will. Not every joint, but sometimes it works well.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
(01-24-2017, 07:05 PM)Patsfan Wrote: how bout a pick from underneath?
[Image: 16265716_10207891615838903_5122978998840...7wjtbp.jpg]

[Image: 16143288_10207891615718900_8118961695870...sqjg88.jpg]

Good job. I like the design on it.
Luke

I've refinished old tables with lower shelves like that, and they used a screw just like you did.  They didn't call them pocket screws back then, of course, but it was done the same way, at least on some of them, and they were still in good shape after decades.   

John