wedge table
Cherry table I just finished has pocket screws in the same exact manner.
yes I am aware of the usage in this manner even on what are now becoming fairly old pieces (kinda like me
Big Grin )

we  have a few detractors from this being acceptable joinery in furniture however 

Wink
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

The detractors need to swing through a few mu see ums with Federal, Queen Anne, well actually any furniture from the past with interior casework joins, especially when it was in corners, like Joe's legs, and or on skirts where the view was hidden. They have been quite popular through the ages. Again, not every joint, but sometimes they made sense.

John they certainly are not synonymous with Kreg, and back when they are usually described as pocket hole screws, or joints. I first ran into them in 76 working for ShopSmith. R J Decristoforo and "Power Tool Woodworking for Everyone" was the bible for SS, and R J talked about them several times. Horizontal drill press, and a tilting table, you didn't need a jig. Somewhere there was a chart to adjust for depth of the quill, depending on screw length, so as not to overbore.

Joe, you aren't old
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW