Motor Shaft Extender
I'm looking for an extender for a 5/8" motor shaft. I've gotten a 5/8" to 1/2" adapter, but I could also use a 5/8" to 5/8" extension. I've looked online, and I can find step-up and step-down adapters, but my google skills aren't helping me on this one.. Has anyone seen something like this?
Jason

Are you Trying To Go 5/8 Motor shaft To 5/8 threaded shaft ?
south vietnam war collage
(01-24-2017, 02:28 PM)JIMB49 Wrote: Are you Trying To Go 5/8 Motor shaft To 5/8 threaded shaft ?

Not threaded, but a straight shaft. I'd like to get my wire wheel a bit farther from the motor body.
Jason

So You Are Looking For 5/8 shaft coupling
(01-24-2017, 02:54 PM)JIMB49 Wrote: So You Are Looking For 5/8 shaft coupling

Sorry, I was completely distracted when I replied. No, I'm not looking for a coupler. You were correct the first time - I'm looking for a 5/8" threaded shaft for my 5/8" motor shaft.
Jason

You could get a coupler and a 5/8 bolt, cut the head off the bolt and put smooth part in the coupler, two nuts and washers to hold the wire wheel.
Doing it right cost less than doing it over
something like this but threaded on the smooth shaft?

[Image: s-l1000.jpg]
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

Jason i Went And Measured My Shaft Its 1/2 inch shaft
 but i do have a bushing for one of my wheels that had a 5/8 hole 
where i got the bushing i was almost positive the bushing came with it
Yes, like that with a threaded shaft on it.
Jason

you may have to some more digging but this one with a different bushing would work.

[Image: 61bT1LktO9L._SL1000_.jpg]

You might want to change out the set screws for allen screws to help it balance a bit better

Joe
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy