Plumbing question
I have a Moen single handle kitchen faucet. Before, when I shut it off, the water flow would stop immediately. Now, when I shut it off, the flow slows then stops. Do I need to replace the cartridge or is it something else?

Rick
Any government that robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul!
MAGA!!
It should shut right off.  Call Moen and have them ship out a new cartridge as it should be under warranty
It also might be worthwhile to take out the cartridge for inspection. I had a similar situation and found a small mineral deposit, just a tiny granule, but it was enough to keep the water from going full off. In my case, a quick rinse is all the repair required.
I have actually replaced the cartridge to no avail. I am expecting a call back from Moen tomorrow morning.

Rick
Any government that robs Peter to pay Paul, can always count on the support of Paul!
MAGA!!
Does it have a tall goosneck like this?
[Image: brushed_zpsipsh6acv.jpg]
It will continue to drain after it's shut off till the water still in the faucet (on the business side of the valve) is drained. Theoretically, it should be held in under it's own vacuum but if the valve allows any air into it while it's in the closed position, the water will siphon out to the level of the outlet. This is just critical thinking, not so much based on any experience.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

Just talked to Moen guy; he said most likely the seal around the aerator has failed, allowing the water in the gooseneck to drain. Normally the seal holds the vacuum in the gooseneck so that water does not leak out.
I will update when I get the new aerator.

Rick
MAGA!!
Replace the aerator with a laminar flow one while you are at it. Much nicer than an aerator.
Just installed the new aerator from Moen; problem solved.
Smile
Thanks for the replies.

Rick
MAGA!!
I have always been very happy with Moen warranty they replace and no questions ship fast so much so I only buy Moen!
After this experience, I'll use Moen when I redo the master bath.

Rick
MAGA!!