Follow up on Grizzly Palm Router
I did a review of the Grizzly palm router a couple of weeks ago.  As the thread unfolded it looked a lot like the this router was made by the same factory that makes Makita's model.  As a follow up, this post is to let you know that I bought a Makita dust extracting nozzle and template guide for the plunge base and they both fit.   I had to clip off one of the two plastic tabs on the dust extracting nozzle for it to go into the mating hole in the base; other than that, it fit fine.  The template guide fits perfectly. 

John
Nice. After your review and reading about it I have it on my list of things to buy...
Yah I seen a few months ago they were a very good price and thought they might be a good sanders for the Craft center when it is ready.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
It is a router Arlin not a sander
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

The dust collection makes it worth it alone.  I have an older USA made grey PC laminate trimmer/router that I love but boy does it destroy the shop while throwing shavings everywhere.  My tolerance for portable tools without dust collection is quickly deteriorating.

Hey John, thanks for these posts.  I bought that router and it works great!  I see there's a Shop Fox template for $11.33....wonder if it would fit? 

https://www.amazon.com/Shop-Fox-Template...NMPAY31J86
(01-26-2017, 07:27 AM)Hertzd Wrote: Hey John, thanks for these posts.  I bought that router and it works great!  I see there's a Shop Fox template for $11.33....wonder if it would fit? 

https://www.amazon.com/Shop-Fox-Template...NMPAY31J86

Yes, it looks like it will.  If you look down in the Q&A sections one of the answers says both will fit on the same Makita base.  Wish I had looked harder - that's a big cost savings. 

I'm really liking the router, too.  I used it again the other day with the dust collection on the fixed base.  It got almost all the chips.  Much better than throwing them half way across my shop.  I prefer the on/off switch on my Ridgid, but that's my only complaint so far with the Grizzly.  The switch works fine, it's just small and you have to look for it.  The switch on the Ridgid sticks up above the top when it's on and you just whack it down to turn it off.  

John
Yeah I also like that switch on the ridgid. I'm tempted to pick up one of the cordless ones as depot has a few of them for under $100 at that store.
(01-26-2017, 10:11 AM)jteneyck Wrote: Yes, it looks like it will.  If you look down in the Q&A sections one of the answers says both will fit on the same Makita base.  Wish I had looked harder - that's a big cost savings. 

If you bought it a Amazon you could return it (?)
(01-25-2017, 11:01 PM)JGrout Wrote: It is a router Arlin not a sander

I'm sure it's a typographiciable error.  
Uhoh

I could never see what I was doing with those guards in place.