Follow up on Grizzly Palm Router
(01-26-2017, 01:33 PM)daddo Wrote: I could never see what I was doing with those guards in place.

The dust collection nozzle does cut down on visibility and wouldn't be a good choice when you need to really see what you are doing.  But for running round overs with a piloted bit, or using a template and guide bushing, and other operations that don't require any real visual feedback, it's not a problem - and it sure works well.  And you can wrap your hand around the router w/o worry of sticking your fingers where they don't belong.  

John
(01-26-2017, 10:11 AM)jteneyck Wrote: Yes, it looks like it will.  If you look down in the Q&A sections one of the answers says both will fit on the same Makita base.  Wish I had looked harder - that's a big cost savings. 

I'm really liking the router, too.  I used it again the other day with the dust collection on the fixed base.  It got almost all the chips.  Much better than throwing them half way across my shop.  I prefer the on/off switch on my Ridgid, but that's my only complaint so far with the Grizzly.  The switch works fine, it's just small and you have to look for it.  The switch on the Ridgid sticks up above the top when it's on and you just whack it down to turn it off.  

John

The Rigid switch design is also good for people who like to set the router upside down on the bench (OK, you should really turn it off and then turn it over, letting the bit stop first).  But having a design that forces it to turn off is clever.
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin
Oops
Slap 
Laugh
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Yeah I like that switch as I just slap the top of the router to turn it off. They copied the idea from rotozip/bosch. 

To update. I bought that cordless ridgid router last night. Was on clearance at depot... I put a 5/16 cove bit in it and did a test cut in a piece of oak scrap and I'm quite impressed. Very good power for cordless and cut faster than expected. I'd say it's a keeper. I can see it coming in very handy. Now to order a couple knockoff batteries on amazon....
https://www.amazon.com/Shop-Fox-Template...NMPAY31J86
Ok I bought this template for the Grizzly mentioned in this post and I was wondering will these guide bushings work with the template? https://www.amazon.com/Shop-Fox-D3117-Br...FZWG9XCQQN

Thanks,
Todd
Bump bump