270 Deg hinge
Anyone know of a 270 deg hinge for inset doors?
Does one exist?
Can it even be done?

The only ones I find are for overlay doors.
Try Soss hinges. Only drawback with them is there is no adjustment.

http://www.soss.com/invisible-hinge.html
inset butt style

and a similar one

HTH
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

These Blum's work very well, are fairly easy to adjust, and are available at a lot of places, so price shopping might be smart.

Installation detail for above

That second set Joe posted is classy looking
Cool
Big Grin
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
[Image: 20786-03-1000.jpg]

These?  contemporary hinges
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

Thanks
The SOSS hinges are only 180 deg.
The Blum's are only 110 deg.
The hinges JGrount linked are 270 deg. and the last ones look nice and clean. I was not able to find these when I searched. Google Foo is getting weak.

The other option would be to use pocket door sliders.

These doors will be hiding speakers and need to open and get out of the way when the speakers are being used. I think the pocket door sliders will be the best option, but want to show the customer more options and let them decide.
sorry it was late I guess link here

(01-27-2017, 11:23 AM)JGrout Wrote: sorry it was late I guess link here

No your links worked fine. I am just lamenting that I was unable to find them earlier when I searched.
John, sorry I was looking at the other hinge, and meant to pop on this Rockler hinge
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
I may be missing something, but I read your post three times, and looked at all the suggestions too. I even drew a quick sketch of an inset door in both a framed and frameless cabinet. The only thing I discovered is that the pivot point would have to be on the corner of the cabinet or out in front of the cabinet by the same distance as the door is from the corner of the cabinet, or a compromise between the two. (I'm picturing a butt hinge with the leafs slightly bent outboard.)  Otherwise, I think two pivots would be needed for an inset door. An overlay door has more options.

If someone has a solution, could you please post it here? I could use it on a desk/hutch instead of  pivot and slide in doors.
Sign at N.E. Vocational School Cabinetmaking Shop 1976, "Free knowledge given daily... Bring your own container"