it's always something, no-slam toilet seat edition
I really like AmStd Cadet slow closing toilet seats, because closing them is a matter of getting them started and they slowly lower to the closed position as insisted upon by the women in my household.  Until today, that is, when the one in the master bath started acting like a normal seat.  I am pretty sure they are out of warranty.  I see online that fixing the Toto seats is a hot topic with no good answers.  Anyone tried fixing an AmStd?  They are pretty cheap, I guess I might have to get a new one.
Most use a fluid damper and not a repairable unit. Personally I wouldn't be doing repairs on on a toilet seat. Ewwww no matter how clean.
Is it the AmStd seat that comes free with the Cadet?

Didn't it seem pretty cheesy from the get-go?

We have three cadets, two were special ordered (10" offset). The ones off the shelf come with the plastic seat. We have "Church" brand slow closing seats on the others . It's heavy wood with big hinges. None of them are more than a few months old though so I can't speak for the longevity of the Church seat.

I do like those toilets though.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

I bought a soft close lid at Home Depot made by Beamis.
HTH.
We have a no slam seat that was pretty thin plastic.  It no longer is no slam either.  Aqua Plumb from Menard's.

I have nothing else useful to add except that a church seat sounds appropriate because you sit in your own pew.
I'm pretty sure it's the stock seat, although I got the toilets on special when they were closing out the seatless model and went to the store to buy seats.  I don't have any complaints about the quality, but they are really inexpensive, so I suppose I should have known.  I'll have to go look at the competition.  The toilets are great other than the blistering flapper fiasco covered in a previous thread.
I have 8 of those toilets had one seat go bad made a call and they sent me a new one.  No problem. I am looking at buying a couple more they clear nicely and the seats hold up well enough IME.  Although the replacement seats if you need one runs around $50 from what I have seen. then again you can make the call and see if you get lucky
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

(01-26-2017, 09:00 PM)Snipe Hunter Wrote: Is it the AmStd seat that comes free with the Cadet?

Didn't it seem pretty cheesy from the get-go?

I do like those toilets though.

I put three of the 12" Cadets in this house earlier this year when we moved in. If I have one complaint about those otherwise excellent stools it's that crappy (pun intended) seat they include. I'll be buying the AS no slam to replace all of them (semeday) we had one (the seat) in our last house and used it for 3 years with no problems before we sold the house.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(01-26-2017, 07:44 PM)EricU Wrote:  they slowly lower to the closed position as insisted upon by the women in my household.  

It's too late for you... but it is possible to train women as well!
Big Grin

My son and I do our best to accommodate the women in our house. However, they have been trained to check the toilet seat location before sitting down, if it's up, put it down. Biotching about it, will not change anything.
Laugh

A slammed toilet seat will put me into orbit almost as fast as a slammed door.
Mark

I'm no expert, unlike everybody else here - Busdrver

Nah...I like you, young feller...You remind me of my son... Timberwolf 03/27/12

Here's a fact: Benghazi is a Pub Legend... CharlieD 04/19/15

Laugh Funny a slammed door lands my kids in trouble every time.  It sets me off and if I don't know which one did and neither cops to it they both land in the same place
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.