Air Cleaner Recommendations wanted
I have a Powermatic hanging in my basement shop, and also this one that I built with a furnace blower. It has 2 filters on the intake side. I don't have any data as proof, but I think 1 high and 1 low does a good job.

[Image: IMG_1288_zpstqpfaass.jpg]
I have the Grizzly G0572 and it works well (bought NIB off Criags List) I run it continuous when I the shop (20x24) and I get VERY little dust film on anything. I also have a HF unit with a Wynn filter for tool-side collection. Combo works well.
Just saw this on the Nashville craigslist which may be of interest to you.

http://nashville.craigslist.org/bfs/5982425717.html
While I have a traditional ceiling mounted air cleaner, I also put together a rack on wheels that holds 4 20" box fans with filters taped to them.  I put it to the side of any particularly dusty activity and it does a great job of getting the dust at the source (along with the traditional point of use dust collection like a vac on the sander or chopsaw).   I hooked the four fans to a single power strip and just use the power strip switch as the on/off.
Thanks to all.

It seems that everyone that has an air filter is pretty happy with it, whether purchased or made.

I'm still undecided which way to go.

Roger
I would try the box fan solution first and if your not satisfied move on to a purchased one.  You can always use the fan to move air around in the shop