Some recent work
I have had a few people ask me what I have been building the last year and I promised some pictures. I have actually stepped out of my comfort zone and built two kitchens which I don't have photographs of yet. One of the kitchen's was a reproduction house with nearly 130 linear feet of cabinets through out the house and the second is actually my kitchen which is almost complete. I managed to work in quite a bit of furniture too. A lot I didn't take photos of because they were pieces that I built before but there are a few that are different

This piece is a William and Mary high boy based on one at the Winterthur Museum. The customer wanted it to fit in with his antiques and look old. It is walnut, walnut burl veneer, mahogany and poplar. The finish is shellac with a little grunge added. From a technical standpoint it isn't a really challenging piece but it was fun to build. It isn't a piece that I would build for myself but I do like the proportions. 

photo P1060335_zpslfh8cxdr.jpg

photo P1060330_zpsvf8bvdfw.jpg

photo P1060336_zpsc6jclngm.jpg

photo P1060341_zpso6qubwf8.jpg

photo P1060348_zpsjev3r6gd.jpg

The original had hand plane marks on the back and inside so I left mine as well as aging the poplar

photo P1060332_zpsrxrygopm.jpg
This piece is another piece that is really nothing out of the ordinary but the wood really brings the simple design to life

photo P1060320_zps29e5pi2w.jpg

photo P1060324_zpsxlbnuk8d.jpg

Once again this piece is nothing special but the wood really makes the piece pop

photo P1060318_zpsolidc3bj.jpg

photo P1060315_zpssvtlhgij.jpg

A simple cherry bed

photo P1060296_zpskror5zqw.jpg

A pencil post bed in curly maple. You can see the part of the rubble from my kitchen in the background. I took out three 6x12 trailers rounded it the rubble field before I was done. 

photo P1060301_zpseeztkbfd.jpg

I have four or five other pieces that I still need to upload to Photobucket too. I have a few really challenging pieces on my docket for this year and will get some photos of those up when they are done.
Dave, those pieces may be nothing special to you, but they are beautiful and show a lovely attention to details. Congrats on the nice work, and thanks for sharing your photos. You have definitely been busy.
Well that's just outstanding work Dave. Incredible that you're able to reproduce those chests. Would love to know your recipe for that curly maple finish.
There are probably adequate words to describe those pieces, but I'm not smart enough to know which ones they are. That stuff is simply fantastic!
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Awesome work my friend.
Cool
Some absolutely beautiful work Dave - goes naturally with you I must add.  That tiger maple commode is my favorite, just fantastic.  The round door holds placed in the lower rail is something I'll try - looks much better than the magnetic ones I've been using. And I have to say the adjustable shelves are remarkable!

Joel
USN (Corpsman) 1968-1972
USAF Retired Aug 31, 1994
Santa Rosa County, Fl Retired Jun 1, 2012
Now just a hobbiest enjoying woodworking!
You are so gifted!  Even at creating "grunge".  I'd bet most members here would not agree with you when you say "nothing special"! 

Beautiful wood, beautiful work!!!
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
"Nothing special" is a matter of perspective.
Carolyn

Trip Blog for Twelve Countries:   [url=http://www.woodworkingtraveler.wordpress.com[/url]

"It's good to know, but it's better to understand."  Auze Jackson
Dave, I bet you could slip that first piece into Winterthur and they'd never know it wasn't an original without serious inspection/testing.  But the wardrobe is my favorite.  Simple, elegant, and the finish highlights the gorgeous wood without being over stated.

I know you work hard, but the pace at which you turn out such high caliber stuff out still amazes me. 

John