Are table saw miter guages pretty much universal?
I don't have a guage for my Ohio Forge table saw. I've been looking online for one. Most of them say "fits model xxxx". How universal are the guages as far as their fit in the slide groove?

And if you're interested in helping further with some recommendations, I'm interested in getting one that will last me a while with light duty, and is considered accurate.
Does this saw have the standard 3/4" (.750") wide miter slots? 
If so the Incra v27 miter gauge may interest you- very accurate, adjustable bar, and repeatable angles.

If this is to rich for your blood then look for a used miter gauge on eBay or crags list or this boards swap and sale. Most up-scale table saws come with a decent miter gauge and many people upgrade so there may be some out there.

Also build yourself a small crosscut sled. This will do the majority of your 90 degree work safely and accurately.
Proud maker of large quantities of sawdust......oh, and the occasional project!
Look for one that has an adjustment for tightness in the miter slot. As long as you miter slot is the standard 3/8" deep x 3/4" wide, shouldn't be a problem.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
you really do need to measure the slot on the saw first 

there are variations although most are 3/8 x 3/4
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

Sears/Craftsman being the biggest number of saws I am aware of with a strange sized slot. As Joe said most are 3/8" deep x 3/4" wide, but even with that as the supposed dimension, some aren't that dimension routinely down every slot. Careful measurement up and down the slot with a good caliper will keep you from spending a lot on something with no chance of fitting. If whatever you buy is slightly tight here and there you can take a small amount off a miter bar. Mass production doesn't mean same same.

These are slightly undersized with the idea being you turn a cam, and tighten them. You would have to drill out an end to fit the miter head on, but people have done it.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Here's the thing with table saw miter slots (as I understand it). A .750" miter gauge will not slide properly in a .750" slot, it's too tight. Either the miter gauge bar needs to be slightly undersized - by maybe .010" or .015" or the saw's miter slots need to be oversized by about that much. The Craftsman/Emerson saws had a .750" miter slot so the miter gauges needed to be slightly under that size. Most other manufacturers made their saw miter slots slightly oversized and the miter gauge bar .750". My Grizzly 1023 miter slots seem to be about .765" measured with a digital woodworking caliper.
You might consider listing your general location, in case a member might have something you could use.
I long for the days when Coke was a soft drink, and Black and Decker was a quality tool.
Happiness is a snipe free planer
(01-28-2017, 08:27 PM)Steve N Wrote: Sears/Craftsman being the biggest number of saws I am aware of with a strange sized slot. As Joe said most are 3/8" deep x 3/4" wide, but even with that as the supposed dimension, some aren't that dimension routinely down every slot. Careful measurement up and down the slot with a good caliper will keep you from spending a lot on something with no chance of fitting. If whatever you buy is slightly tight here and there you can take a small amount off a miter bar. Mass production doesn't mean same same.

These are slightly undersized with the idea being you turn a cam, and tighten them. You would have to drill out an end to fit the miter head on, but people have done it.

If you get one that's slightly undersized, no big deal.  A nail set and some dimples will enlarge it to fit if it's a big thing to you.  Either that, or press right or left to reference only one side of an undersize bar for all cuts.  Sometimes it's a good deal as with my slot in the JET disk sander.  I pull to the side away from the disk to get my circles started, then push in to sand consistent size with my circle jig.
Better to follow the leader than the pack. Less to step in.
My measurements show a 5/8"W x 1/4"H squared slot, not a T-slot, that seems to be standard.
(01-29-2017, 08:15 PM)AwesomeOpossum74 Wrote: My measurements show a 5/8"W x 1/4"H squared slot, not a T-slot, that seems to be standard.

that is definitely not a standard slot 

As I said earlier 3/8" x 3/4" is the most universally standard slot 

You will need to keep this in mind as you search for a replacement 

Joe
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy