Upstairs remodel
(03-15-2017, 07:00 AM)Snipe Hunter Wrote: ...(not easy by myself)...
Don't forget taking the time to take pictures!  Thanks for sharing...I love project progress threads
Smile
I haven't done much in a couple days. Slammed at work. I should be able to get the ceiling up Sunday. Maybe some tomorrow night after work.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

" What would Fred do?"

... CLETUS

Got a little done today. The last ceiling piece is up. Finished bagging and re-insulating the attic. That's nasty work. I patched two holes in the ceiling where the old ceiling fans were. Wiring is almost done. I'd like to get in a dump run before I get more sheetrock. Moving around a pile of junk while  working is a lousy way to work.

These are the last of 10 bags of insulation that went back up this morning.
[Image: 20170320_080234_zpsb2xvwd8i.jpg]

[Image: 20170320_143155_zpswxecdyki.jpg]

Ceiling patches
[Image: 20170321_084054_zps6e91mlil.jpg]

scrap 1x
[Image: 20170321_085915_zpsaamasfkx.jpg]

" What would Fred do?"

... CLETUS

Making the patch
[Image: 20170321_090857_zpszsx4ofod.jpg]

it will get a finish coat of mud later.
[Image: 20170321_092546_zpsnnoxfqch.jpg]

" What would Fred do?"

... CLETUS

California patch. Lookin good
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Looking good Snipe!

Glad to hear that you are all mended up after that fall.
(03-23-2017, 09:00 AM)Dusty Workshop Wrote: Looking good Snipe!

Glad to hear that you are all mended up after that fall.

I just saw the Doc. It's been a year and a week since the accident. I'm at about 80% and he says that's about it. Better than nothing. My legs do get tired and crawling around in the attic is cumbersome but I'm good with it. Really have no choice.

" What would Fred do?"

... CLETUS

(03-24-2017, 10:07 AM)Snipe Hunter Wrote: I just saw the Doc. It's been a year and a week since the accident. I'm at about 80% and he says that's about it. Better than nothing. My legs do get tired and crawling around in the attic is cumbersome but I'm good with it. Really have no choice.

LOL. A good friend of mine buckled his knee jumping off the bottom rung of a ladder a couple of years ago. We ain't young 'uns any more
Crazy

Anyway, he decided to have it scoped and as he tells it, it hurt worse after than before. Asking the Doctor about it at the next visit he was told "Medicine is not an exact science you know"....

Anyway, the bath looks very nice. Did a similar rehab on mine a couple of years ago but didn't move any walls. LOML wouldn't let me consume the extra bedroom. I did decide to go curbless with the shower though and am glad I did. It's awesome.
chris
I might have gone curbless if I were on a 1st floor or slab. Not a big fan of them upstairs.

" What would Fred do?"

... CLETUS

I haven't updated in a while, mostly because I haven't gotten much done. Work has picked up quite a bit so the little time I've had at home has been sleeping.

Anyway, the drywall is all up. All the seams are taped in the bathroom. I still have to tape the corners in the bedroom and closet. Then two more layers of mud before sanding. Not a big fan of mud work. I still have to knock a hole in a wall and put in some windows. Not looking forward to that either. I'll be dealing with aluminum siding and working on rented scaffolding. It would be great if I could do all that in one day.

[Image: 20170505_082701_zpspz2xb4zv.jpg]

[Image: 20170505_082806_zps9nrgkluh.jpg]

[Image: 20170511_074018_zpsnppltgva.jpg]

[Image: 20170511_074044_zpsp38hfrut.jpg]

" What would Fred do?"

... CLETUS