Baldor grinder color matching?
I recently picked up a couple Baldor grinders in a trade for a couple handplanes. They run fine, but could use a real good cleaning and new paint. I'm considering other colors, but I think I will probably end up going with their original color.

Anyway, I'm partially color blind, and color matching isn't something I'm comfortable with.

Anyone have any idea what paints are currently available that would match the original well?

Alternatively, if you have painted one in a different color scheme, I'd like to see pics.

Thanks in advance!
" The founding fathers weren't trying to protect citizens' rights to have an interesting hobby." I Learn Each Day 1/18/13

www.RUSTHUNTER.com
The latest Baldor grey blue is nicest machine colour I've seen. So I tried to match it off a paint card. So now I have an almost purple metal shaper. BTW I painted my Baldor Colonial Blue. It looks much better than the shaper I think it's a Rustoleum colour.
A man of foolish pursuits
OK, I'll say it.  John Deere green.

http://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/search/...en%20paint
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin
(01-31-2017, 01:13 PM)Rob Young Wrote: OK, I'll say it.  John Deere green.

Slap
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

If you need to paint your tool use a bright color so when you send wifey to fetch something from the shop you can tell her "it's beside the pink drill press or green grinder". She can identify by color without knowing what the tool is.

My boss is a Jewish carpenter. Our DADDY owns the business.
Trying to understand some people is like trying to pick up the clean end of a turd.
Thanks guys!

First off, I'm not Marv. I'll pass on the Deere green. But next time I have an old tractor to paint, I'll remember the recommendation.

Colonial Blue, eh? I'll grab a can and see what it looks like. Thanks!

My wife stays far away from my shop. Once, she walked in without knocking, just in time to see a chunk of cottonwood burl fly past her as it exited the lathe. Now, she won't even touch the doorknob unless I am aware of her presence and everything is stationary. That was one of the best things to ever happen to my shop time!! Ever. I recommend it highly.
" The founding fathers weren't trying to protect citizens' rights to have an interesting hobby." I Learn Each Day 1/18/13

www.RUSTHUNTER.com
I have a bunch of Baldor grinders of different vintages.  OEM colors vary from dark blue to light grey to bright orange, among others.  If I were trying to do one to a generic Baldor color, I'd use Light Machine Grey -- boring as that may be.
Bill
Know, think, choose, do -- Ender's Shadow
(01-31-2017, 01:13 PM)Rob Young Wrote: OK, I'll say it.  John Deere green.

Not saying JD green is a good tool look, but Tractor Supply has a better rattle can selection of "tool, and equipment" colors than any other place I know. They have a few tones of the grey to blue you see on a lot of machine tools, might be a good place to do a check it out fly by
Big Grin

Ummmm you might want to either take a good color pic of it, or bring someone along who isn't color blind.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
I have a Tractor Supply just a few miles away. I'll take a look next time I'm in there getting cat and bird food, probably this weekend.

Thanks all.

www.RUSTHUNTER.com