Property advice
(01-30-2017, 09:46 PM)cams2705 Wrote: Given the unknown nature of the well, what would you do with pricing?  Would you demand a testing of the well be done as a contingency of the sale?  I could see if the well doesn't pass, I would most likely deduct ~$15K from the offer given a new well would have to be drilled and costs to abandon the old well properly to prevent contamination of the water table.

A second thought... I would look at this as buying vacant land concerning the price. The well is of no value.
Mark

I'm no expert, unlike everybody else here - Busdrver

Nah...I like you, young feller...You remind me of my son... Timberwolf 03/27/12

Here's a fact: Benghazi is a Pub Legend... CharlieD 04/19/15

(01-31-2017, 10:31 AM)CLETUS Wrote: A second thought... I would look at this as buying vacant land concerning the price. The well is of no value.

I had a similar thought but from the seller's perspective. Is the land being advertised and sold as having well? If so, the price should reflect that. If it isn't, then the seller doesn't think the well has value and will likely reject an offer discounting the price of a new well.
(01-31-2017, 10:31 AM)CLETUS Wrote: A second thought... I would look at this as buying vacant land concerning the price. The well is of no value.

(01-31-2017, 10:52 AM)crokett™ Wrote: I had a similar thought but from the seller's perspective.  Is the land being advertised and sold as having well? If so, the price should reflect that.  If it isn't, then the seller doesn't think the well has value and will likely reject an offer discounting the price of a new well.

Most likely a shallow well, 1 1/4" diameter....been in the ground for so long the point is all rusted up and the casing is going to break when you try to pull it.

Wont pass code anyhow, no pitless adapter. A well driller will look at it and laugh.

It's not worth thinking about.....

Ed
Whatever happened to the shovel and plumb bob?
Laugh

I'd have the well looked at and with any discrepancies- drill another one.