Entry level bandsaw recommendation
I saw "entry level" in the title.....to me a grizzly or cheaper is entry level. Some of the names i saw recommended are a little more than entry level. I guess bill gates' entry level is way different than mine. Lol
I agree with you - that's why I used the quotes! I think to moist an entry level bandsaw would be a standard 14" saw at best, if not a benchtop model!

Personally I started with a 12" Delta that actually did a respectable job that got me by for 4 or 5 years. But of course it's no longer made after they gutted Delta.

I have a pretty respectable stable of tools but I definitely wouldn't consider a $1000 machine entry level. And some of the recommendations here top that! But woodnet has always been great at spending other people's money
Smile Everything is relative too. I'm in Alabama so $1000 still goes a fairly long way here...California what, it might be a tank of gas and a coffee
Wink
-Marc

Yes, we're on the same page. When i see agazzani, laguna and rikon it makes me think what they consider top notch. Unless its time to "show me what you got"...lol.
I think a budget from the op would have helped narrow it down.
Not knowing,,i still suggest looking for a nice condition used one,,unless youre making high end furniture every day.
I found a 16" grizzly that someone was going to throw out,,,they gave it to me.
I just bought my Laguna 14 Bx.  It runs on 240 single phase.  It comes with a 2.5 Hp motor.  Woodcrafter had it on sale for 135?.00.  The bad thing they are back order from manufacture and I would get it until mid March.   Anyway, my understanding that you really need the extra Hp for resewing around 8" or more otherwise you have to go real slooooow.  Everything I've seen at the regular 14" they are around 1.5 Hp 120V