favorite resources for info on saw refurbishing and sharpening
(01-31-2017, 02:16 PM)MattP Wrote: Just to clarify, he's talking about the saw teeth here.
Wink

pretty sure I've never been tempted to paint my teeth with Dykem, but I first used it in the '70s, so I might forget an incident or two.  Definitely had purple hands though
Go to your local gun shop and buy a can of "sight black". It is more of a spray powder and easier to clean off your hands than Dykem. If you get Dykem, bear in mind there are two kinds, the liquid one that dries (believe it only comes in red) and the greasy one (believe it comes only in blue and is used more for "scraping" surfaces true).

I've found also using a black Magic Marker works.
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
Oh, yeah, +1 on the red Dykem, which comes off easily with a bit of DNA on a rag.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
the greasy blue stuff sounds like Prussian Blue.  I haven't had really had trouble getting Dykem on my hands.  Maybe back when I was a teenager.
But the container says "Dykem" and not being a metalworker, I didn't know any better until I opened the container (I knew enough to not use any on a saw), and yes it was like "Prussian Blue". As I said previously, Magic Markers work nicely and are readily available (also work for marking soles of planes prior to flattening).
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com