Dewalt ras lower blade guard info needed
I'm looking for ideas for a lower blade guard for my Dewalt 7790, 12" ras.
Any pics or plans out there?
I long for the days when Coke was a soft drink, and Black and Decker was a quality tool.
Happiness is a snipe free planer
Hi Pirate.

Google Wolfe Machinery.  You will likely find what you want.

good luck
Les
For the most part, that's one of the weakest areas of DeWalt's RAS's and most users end up removing them because they pretty much don't do what you want them to do.  That is, if your reason is for safetly purposes.  If you reason is to use them for dust control then the OEM DeWally's are not much good anyway and I would suggest actually looking at a late model Craftsman.  I played with them in store, somewhat, and found their lower blade guards worked well without hanging up on their OEM fence (which is low, I find a higher fence to be more user friendly, but that may foul up even the well designed late model Craftsman lower blade guards).  While I would not say that the late model Cman RAS is well designed, overall, their lower blade guard system seems to be pretty well thought out and I had thought about adapting such a system to my MBF primarily for dust control, but just have not had much time to do much with dust control on my RAS at all.  I am still trying to get a 7790 I have in pieces together so that I can tear my MBF down to replace the bearings and restore.

Paul
Paul
They were right, I SHOULDN'T have tried it at home!

from  post in Delphi Dewalt forum
http://forums.delphiforums.com/n/main.as...&Go=Search

(edit: then a couple of large fender washers type things to hold it on..
As mentioned earlier, most just remove them, they don't do much and get in the way when setting the saw for ripping.)
I believe that's the 10" guard on Ebay right now. Not bad for $20.  If it was a 12" I'd buy it.
I long for the days when Coke was a soft drink, and Black and Decker was a quality tool.
Happiness is a snipe free planer
I had the lower guards on my Dewally and I remember on of them was in the way when you wanted to change the blade. Also they were pretty flimsy and more of a warning then a guard. You could get a similar result from a couple lengths of chain suspended in loops from the guard attachment points. I saw this used on some old RASs in commercial shops.
Dave