Bosch (Reaxx) Lost Suit to SawStop news
Gass is Gass and his way of doing business is not what I consider responsible. It is his way just like the Epi pen fiasco. My way or the highway is not IME a way to make friends 

That is all I have to say on that . 

As far as redundant goes I still stand by the guard knife and pawls are the first line of defense. if you never fired the cartridge on a SS I would consider that a testament to the abilities and responsible use of the first line of defense as an owner/operator, nothing more.
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

(02-14-2017, 01:58 PM)Tapper Wrote: Typical response from you - your words, not mine. It looks like others who share my position on SS have come to the game. Their arguments make perfect sense, unlike those offered by the opposition. I could not care less what you expect of me.

Doug

Considering it never dawned on you that as an uninjured experienced operator I might have something to contribute to a discussion about redundant technologies.  The fact that you are just here to goad me as you always want to (and fail to) you might just consider yourself a porch pup and go find a cool place to lie down 

This is way beyond you 

Joe
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

BTW Joe and others, the position that table saws can be operated safely when using proper technique and safety devices and thus prevent catastrophic injury, is not really the argument here. To offer these positions is a red herring, pure and simple.

Think FedEx, i.e. what is the only known device that will "absolutely and positively" prevent catastrophic injury on a table saw no matter what safety techniques and devices are or are not being employed? The only answer is SAWSTOP. That is what sells these table saws.

One more thing - many operators in the past have thought they were using a table saw safely. They employed safety devices, did not stand behind the blade, etc. etc., but in that one moment of inattention or distraction, bam....... too late. With SS, maybe a scratch.

Doug
(02-14-2017, 02:08 PM)JGrout Wrote: Considering it never dawned on you that as an uninjured experienced operator I might have something to contribute to a discussion about redundant technologies.  The fact that you are just here to goad me as you always want to (and fail to) you might just consider yourself a porch pup and go find a cool place to lie down 

This is way beyond you 

Joe

No one ever questioned your experience. Your experience is not the issue here. Your (and others) argument about SS and Steve Gass is the issue. It holds no water and many here (not just me) have pointed it out more than once. You just ignore it. Steve continues to call it "finger nanny" therefore deriding anyone who buys a Sawstop table saw, as if we are all stupid.

If it makes you feel better about yourself to call me names, keep it up. It speaks volumes about your self-identification. To make a statement that "this is way beyond you" is another attempt to make yourself feel more important. Both are tactics that are used when one is losing or has lost the argument. Not sure you realized that.

Doug