Roubo!
Benchcrafted

expensive, but from what I can gather its the best out there.

I got the leg vise with crisscross  and wagon vise in polished/machined finish.

I also sprung for the Moxon while I was at it, as they have a limited run of the polished wheels, so I thought I would get it all to match.

It also came with a set of plans.
"Oh. Um, l-- look, i-- i-- if we built this large wooden badger" ~ Sir Bedevere
So is it the "Crisscross Solo - M Package" that you bought?
Yes, and I added the moxon m as well
by "Added" do you mean swapped out for something already contained in the "M Package" or is it in addition to?  (the "package" already contains both leg and tail vice)

I'm still finding my way around all the hardware requirements.. 
Cool
I added the moxon to the purchase.

Its a separate vise (the box with the two smaller handwheels) used for cutting dovetails in a large panel, you set it on top of the bench.  They also make what they call a Hi vise for like carving etc.

I plan on using a moxon somewhere down the road, so I just bought the hardware at the same time.  Its not part of the bench plan itself.  You may not be interested in that.

I'm really pleased with the quality of what I received, very heavy and very well machined.

I finished dimensioning up the legs last night, I'll glue them up tonight and start cutting the mortises.  I'm really looking forward to this project.
Here is Benchcrafted's web site:

http://www.benchcrafted.com
Ahh yes, I see what you mean, I can see how that might be useful.
Bell Forest has lumber packages for the Benchcrafted Roubo and they ship

http://www.bellforestproducts.com/exotic...workbench/

I've been getting my ducks in a row to start one of these too! Can't wait!
Big Grin
Here is mine, started with BC plans but since, as stated above, it's a once in a lifetime, and/or legacy item, decided not to use any bolts. Made my own plans a ditched that terrible CS bench height rule...

Mine is 10 feet long, 36" high, split top, 34 inches wide, and 5 inches thick, with LN tail vise, BC crisscross leg vise, from reclaimed long leaf pine heartwood....no need to fasten top with this design, and the whole thing weighs around 700 lbs

Concurrently made the Moxon out of the same material but moved it to a fixed, position as a dedicated jointers bench

Those little pop up bench dogs come in real handy

Regards,
Andy

Attached Files Image(s)

Don't bother putting a bench dog hole over the leg.  They just fill with sawdust.
Save time and energy, let the bench dimensions float to match the lumber width and thickness.
Love the Benchcraft vises.
Plane the top flat.  Orient the lumber so that the grain planes easily. Avoid lumber with changes in grain direction over the length.
Think about the width.  Mine is wide enough to support a fully open clamp.  But I often wish it were narrower so that I could clamp a board to the outside of the bench.
A HF engine hoist is your friend for moving the bench around.
Great project!
They told me anybody could do it, but I showed them.