Hanging A Flatscreen TV
(02-13-2017, 10:21 AM)messmaker Wrote: I would go with a floating shelf for the TV. If made out of hardwood and mounted well, it should be plenty strong. You can screw the legs to the top of the shelf and hang the soundbar underneath.

He could simply drill a 3/4" diameter hole in at least two studs and make screw a wood ball on the end and rest the TV on the dowels. Michaels crafts sells wood balls (I think they are maple, but a hard wood anyway) with a flat on one end and a wood screw.  Very cheap.  

So it is one length of 3/4" hardwood dowel, two or three holes and the wood balls (and a finish)  Done in just an hour.  

They are calling them "doll's heads"

http://www.michaels.com/new-image-compan...urce=PDPZ1
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
(02-13-2017, 02:39 PM)Cooler Wrote: He could simply drill a 3/4" diameter hole in at least two studs and make screw a wood ball on the end and rest the TV on the dowels. Michaels crafts sells wood balls (I think they are maple, but a hard wood anyway) with a flat on one end and a wood screw.  Very cheap.  

That is a clever idea.
Economics is much harder when you use real money.