Thumb Screw Source
I'm not having any luck finding 3/8-24 x 3/4" thumb screws (spade head). Finding them with 16 tpi is no problem, but I can't find them with 24 tpi. Anyone know of a source?
Did you try www.grainger.com
(02-03-2017, 03:12 PM)sweensdv2 Wrote: Did you try www.grainger.com

I looked on their website and also checked McMaster-Carr and Fastenal. Can't find any with fine threads.
Here's a "T" knob, close to thumbscrew...

http://www.shear-loc.com/threeeighths.htm
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
(02-03-2017, 02:56 PM)Lynden Wrote: I'm not having any luck finding 3/8-24 x 3/4" thumb screws (spade head). Finding them with 16 tpi is no problem, but I can't find them with 24 tpi. Anyone know of a source?

3/8 24 is an odd duck, you may not be able to be picky about head shape??

These will be round flat heads, or T shape
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
(02-03-2017, 04:32 PM)Steve N Wrote: 3/8-24 is an odd duck, you may not be able to be picky about head shape??

This is for the end of the feed shaft on my old Delta No. 645 drill press, so I was trying to find a bolt which looks original. I made one out of a knurled washer and a carriage bolt which looks good, so I'll use it until I find a thumb screw. Thanks everyone for your replies.

For anyone who owns an old Delta drill press (Homecraft 11-120, No. 645, DP-220, etc.), don't lose the thumb screw. You might not be able to find another one.
Haven't seen him around here in a while, but Jon, "Tinman" here at WoodNet, could make you spares. Maybe someone knows how to reach him, he is a crafty guy
Yes
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW