Thumb Screw For Delta 11" Drill Press
(02-06-2017, 02:58 AM)Lynden Wrote: [snip]
Jim -- I have a couple of knurled knobs, one of which I'm currently using. The PO of the drill press was using a hex head bolt, which worked fine.

Cut a slot in the knurled knob, braze in a "butterfly" shape insert if you must have it.

Maybe I don't understand the question. Is this a matter of aesthetics or is there an issue of substantive functionality?
Fair winds and following seas,
Jim Waldron
(02-07-2017, 06:54 PM)Jim Waldron Wrote: Maybe I don't understand the question.  Is this a matter of aesthetics or is there an issue of substantive functionality?

I have functionality with the knurled knob I am currently using. It's a matter of originality. 

It's not a big deal. The only reason I started this thread was because I was surprised I couldn't find a 3/8-24 spade-head thumb screw, and I asked if anyone knew of a source. You've all offered good suggestions. Thanks.