Oscillating multi tool quick change?
I have a dremel oscillating tool with the Allen screw blade change.

I'd like to upgrade to the quick change but don't want to spend $80-$120 to get a new one, is there a decent adapter for tool free blade changes on the older oscillating tools?

Thanks
Duke
I'd love more discussion on this too, I have a porter cable quick change tool and have trouble finding blades. I've bought the dewalt quick change blades and some other type from lowes even and had to do some filing to get them to fit (the arbor shaft is too thick when sliding blades on). I love the cordless but find myself using the corded HF model more. so be careful what you wish for with quick change. or maybe I bought the wrong brand to begin with? but I've never seen an adapter to make one quick change.
A pack of 24 quick change blades is $35 on banggood. That's where I buy most of my blades now. 

Haven't seen a conversion to a quickquick change as that would be pricey to do and most likely cost more than the tool is worth. The dewalt one used to come with an adapter so you could use regular blades with it. The porter cable is basically the same tool so I don't see why it wouldn't work on it as well. 

I primarily use my milwaukee m12 osc tools. I have different blades in each. If I really need more power and run time I get my harborfreight corded one out which still works great. No reason to replace it yet. But if I do it will be with a quick change style. Maybe that pc when lowes has it for $50 again.
(02-04-2017, 02:43 PM)Robert Adams Wrote: A pack of 24 quick change blades is $35 on banggood. That's where I buy most of my blades now. 

Haven't seen a conversion to a quickquick change as that would be pricey to do and most likely cost more than the tool is worth. The dewalt one used to come with an adapter so you could use regular blades with it. The porter cable is basically the same tool so I don't see why it wouldn't work on it as well. 

I primarily use my milwaukee m12 osc tools. I have different blades in each. If I really need more power and run time I get my harborfreight corded one out which still works great. No reason to replace it yet. But if I do it will be with a quick change style. Maybe that pc when lowes has it for $50 again.

Never heard of bandgood until your post.  Thanks.  I don't see a tool section, but when I typed in "oscillating multitool blades" up they popped.  Amazingly low prices, like 1/3 of HF or even less.  

John
Tons of goodies there. Best deal is to usually order from the Canadian warehouse. I buy my led strips, hardware etc etc there. Basically skips the middleman importer.
That sight looks like the kind of place you could find a horizontal hand held mortising machine if you knew the right search terms.

Duke
I couldn't find that dewalt adapter to standard blades but I did see amazon sells a "dewalt tool free" adapter which looks like it makes it quick change. don't know how good it is though
I don't have a suggestion for an adapter, not sure if they exist, I would suspect they would add length where these tools are nice and compact.  I have an older Rockwell that works well, per another post, I have not found any QC accessories that don't fit without modification.  Only non-QC blades/accessories would need to be modified, but I don't buy those, there are no non-QC blades or accessories that I am aware of, or needed, that I can't get in a QC version. 

Correction:  I would like to say that I do have one non-QC accessory, the finger sanding attachment from Harbor Freight that I have is not QC compatible, but it does fit unmodified, you just have to unscrew the hold down until it comes out.  

Paul
Paul
They were right, I SHOULDN'T have tried it at home!