veneering solid to plwood
I am considering veneering some Hickory to some plywood. There will be 3 or 4  strips and they will be 3/4 " wide. How thick can the strips be without having to worry about wood movement in relationship to humidity?

Tom
I try to stay under 1/8" thick.
Lumber Logs, domestic hardwoods at wholesale prices: http://www.woodfinder.com/listings/012869.php

Lumber Logs' blog: Follow the adventure
If just  3/4" wide (three / quarter) they can be square and be fine 

If you meant 3 to 4" wide then under 1/4" is OK . I am doing a door right now with pieces up to 8" wide and 3/16" thick if that helps
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

I just today sold my bench and I am planning on building another one in the spring. I have the tail vise hardware from Wood Craft already and I want to build the frame that fits around the hardware out of plywood. I don't remember how I made the one pictured. But Iowa has high humidity in the summer which can cause friction to hinder the vise from opening and closing I want to build the frame out of plywood. I don't want to much room between the vise and the bench because crap just fills in the space so I am trying to reach a happy medium. It would be easier to glue the wood to the plywood but the wood can also be screwed to allow for wood movement.

To cold in an unheated shop to do any woodworking here in Iowa at the present so it is time to over think the situation.

[Image: DSC02368_zpsagofciov.jpg]

[Image: DSC02363_zpsfckmiqae.jpg]

Tom
WOW, Tom. Really nice bench.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.