Track lighting on a drop ceiling
I am considering added on 2 sections of track lighting to our living room. We currently have a drop ceiling and was wondering how I would install it. I was thinking about this https://www.lowes.com/pd/allen-roth-6-Li...nversation unit, but I am unsure about attaching the little legs. My initial thought is to just build down a leg like I would for the electrical box. Would this idea work or am I missing something. 

Thanks for any help you can give.
Don
Fill your heart with compassion, seek the jewel in every soul, share a word of kindness, and remember; the people's what it's about.
Capt. Tony Tarracino

For sure use the appropriate box, suspended from another box using conduit. I would also figure out some kind of added support for the other mounting points.
They make clips for the ceiling grid to attach the track. You can google to find sources.
When installing track in commercial I screw it to the track if it's light weight fixtures. If they are heavy cut yourself some 2' long furring strips and put them on top of the tiles between the rails. Then you can screw into them through the tile. This also clamps the tile in place and is quite strong.  

There are box hangar brackets that you use to mount the electrical box and they can hold a decent amount of weight.
A drop ceiling in a living room?????  I am guessing you would not want fixtures to hang lower. You put a drop ceiling to lower the ceiling already. They sell ceiling clips that mount to the grid and support the track or as mentioned screw the track right to the grid. Depending on the style of track will determine what type box to use and how to feed There are many ways to do this. need a photo.
John T.