Band saw tire for Jet WBS-140S
Question 
I'm replacing the band saw tires on my Jet band saw for the first time.  I need 14" diameter tires, but unsure about the width.  Nothing from Jet tells me the size.  The correct part number is 1000 25A, but Jet doesn't seem to carry them any longer.  When I measure, it's 15/16", so 1" is a bit too wide, and 7/8 or 3/4 is too narrow.  Everyone tells me that 1" is what I want, but there are edges on the wheels that the tire sits in.  It seems to me that the 1" will bunch up in the middle a bit, tipping the blade one way or the other.  Should I get the 1" and not worry about that 1/16", or get a narrower one, probably 7/8"?  They say that the tires can be trimmed, but I don't want to try to cut 1/16" around two 14" tires.

Thanks all.

Al
Al (doc1)
The tires on that saw are crowned anyway so I doubt that little oversize will affect anything
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

I had much the same problem trying to find replacement tires for my 14" Powermatic. My guess is that the wheels are the same. I purchased 14" urethane tires from Amazon.com and they work very well. Supposedly longer lasting than the original rubber tires. https://www.amazon.com/URETHANE-BAND-TIR...dsaw+tires
Thanks JGrout and Bill.  Bill, I found those on Amazon, but which width?  My originals are 15/16".  JGrout says 1".  What width did you buy from Amazon?  Their prices are the best, and great selection.

Al
Al (doc1)
Why 1" 

Because the tire is going to be stretched on the rim 

that is going to shrink it slightly 

HTH 

Joe
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

Of course, Bill.  Why didn't I think of that?  1" it is!  Many thanks.

Al
Al (doc1)
If you want to go apples, apples looks like they still sell parts

Look along the right edge of the page "popular parts" Tire is at the top of my page. And again on this page

I'm pretty sure it will be no different than a generic 14" band will be. Width less than 1" will likely work better as Joe mentioned those wheels are crowned, and even though they suggest bigger blades will work, you will effectively get the best results with 1/2 wide blades on any of the 14" Delta clones, which this is. I have used 7/8" wide poly tire with good results. These actually you can use a 10% off coupon, or wait until they are on sale, every 6 months or so.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Thanks, Steve, but I already ordered the 1" tire from Amazon.  I'll save your suggestion in case this one doesn't work out.

Al
Al (doc1)