Fine Woodworking magazine Scandia, MN
Sale pending.
magazines have been sold
I have mailed magazines by media mail. I told them what was in the box and did they want to inspect it. They said no. Try another post office.
I was told by two separate post offices that magazines may not be sent by media mail because they contain advertising. What the true story is I don't know. I have a friend who works for USPS, in an internal support function and not at a Post Office, will send an inquiry to her.
Another interesting point I found. According to the USPS website, the size of the large flat rate mail box is 12X12X5.15 inches. At one post office I found the Large flat rate box to have an internal measurement  of only 11.5 inches. The Fine Woodworking magazine of a few years ago was 12" high, so the 11.5" size box wouldn't work. Stopped by another post office and got some Large Flat Rate boxes which have internal size of 12X12X5.5 inches. One would think that the offerings of USPS would be the same from one post office to another.
I got the magazines. What a treasure trove. I love looking at some of the old ads. Minimax made some very ugly bandsaws back in the 80s. Also I never knew Makita made full size machines. Planers and bandsaws. Thank you so much walnut guy. I've got a lot of reading ahead of me.