L shaped desk design
(02-06-2017, 03:07 PM)JGrout Wrote: I do not have pics of that one (confidentiality agreements suck) 

But I can describe it. 

The tops are torsion box construction which stiffens them immensely allowing the drawer boxes to free hang.   My tops were the same height ( no step down) so you would have to do some figuring there but that should not be too hard.

The back corner legs has the support gussets too which mine had they were  moved in (more centered) on the top to create what amounted to a 3 legged support both directions 

That one has the same amount of legs just orientated differently (4 to the tall part and two to the shorter side).

So, what you are saying is that the drawers are supported by three legs, only missing the front interior leg.  Is that correct?
The top is supported by three legs (two next to the drawer units one at the far end) and the top supports the drawer box carcasses 

here is a similar but not quite the same as free standing desk I built 

[Image: woodwardoffice002.jpg]

the top supports the drawer unit carcass.

Joe
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

(02-07-2017, 09:02 AM)ktkoh Wrote: This is a SketchUp dwg of a L shaped desk I built for our church secretary.  The top is 2 layers of particle board laminated with overlap at the corner joint.It has support along the outside back edge but open between the end drawer Boxes. The dim are 6 ft by 7 ft and we have seen no problem with sagging top

I really like the lines of that piece, most office furniture is much too contemporary, and harsh looking for my taste, that is comfortable. Nice job.
Cool
Big Grin
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
(02-10-2017, 11:19 AM)JGrout Wrote: The top is supported by three legs (two next to the drawer units one at the far end) and the top supports the drawer box carcasses 

here is a similar but not quite the same as free standing desk I built 

[Image: woodwardoffice002.jpg]

the top supports the drawer unit carcass.

Joe

Got it.  Basically, as long as the backside of the top is supported, it sagging should not be a problem.  Nice desk!  Thank you for sharing your pieces, it really helps!