Greene and Greene router bit source question
Does anyone know where to find one of these bits?  It is to make the the roundover on the ebony bars and splines. I heard it was a White Industries bit but have not been able to find on with the bearing guide. Thanks!
[Image: Screen%20Shot%202017-02-07%20at%208.11.49%20AM.png]
JB

"Give me an army of West Point graduates, I'll win a battle. Give me a handful of Texas Aggies and I'll win a war!"
--Gen. George S. Patton, Jr.

Couldn't you just use a regular roundover bit and flip the piece over to complete the cut?
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
not the one you pictured but the one I would want for setup ease

top bearing bits require a template to follow 

this one uses the edge 

HTH 

Joe
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

Hey Joe,  That one is really nice!  I am wondering if the bearing width might a little wide.  The strips I am rounding are really narrow. (1/4")
JB

"Give me an army of West Point graduates, I'll win a battle. Give me a handful of Texas Aggies and I'll win a war!"

(02-07-2017, 10:35 AM)AHill Wrote: Couldn't you just use a regular roundover bit and flip the piece over to complete the cut?

I might not get quite the shape I was looking for.  The radius of the spline is fairly large so that there is a slight curvature that just stand proud of the the surface.
JB

(02-07-2017, 11:08 AM)32ojdidit Wrote: Hey Joe,  That one is really nice!  I am wondering if the bearing width might a little wide.  The strips I am rounding are really narrow. (1/4")

did I misunderstand your application? 

I was under the impression the band was in place and the entire edge was to be hit with the thumbnail bit/ 

The bearing is ~ 1/4" wide  so if it is just the band well it will not work. In the same token no more than the bit you showed would change the profile on a 1/4" piece you could do as well with a handplane
Wink and likely quicker  

Now if you want a real bullnose radius here is one
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

My guess is he's running the piece before it's mounted, probably using a jig designed by Darrell Peart or something similar.
The desired profile is only part of a full bullnose. I've forgotten which bit I used but they're out there.
Yes that is correct.  

The Magnate site looks great.  It looks like they have what I need.

Thanks again.

-John
JB

Smaller profile, good for about 300 lineal feet then you buy anoother one, but entry to the dance is cheaper. Kinda depends if you plan to make much of it, or if you want smaller size.

MLCS has one too. Might get about 200' here, before it's not too crisp anymore, but variety of sizes.

If price isn't an issue, these will last a few feet, plus you can resharpen I would take a model number and shop price, these look a tad high.

Allan's suggestion is also a good one. Once you find center line, all you need do is flip and send it back through on a round over bit. I think versus the bull nose if you wanted a shoulder it would be easier to do it with a round over and a 2 pass method.

Plenty of options out there.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
That's not a Whiteside unless it was done as a custom bit for somebody.

The coloring for some reason made me think Amana and they have bullnose bits with the bearing guide.

https://www.amanatool.com/products/route...s.html?p=2