Adjusting a 10 yr old Performax 16-32 Plus
Does anybody else have any trouble adjusting this tool?  I have a friend with one and he is totally frustrated with it.  He says the newer ones appear to have an attachment which his doesn't have. He was wondering if there is some after market attachment to help it perform. I know no more than that. I use a 25" shop built.
I had a good day. I used every tool I own!
Take a look about a dozen posts down from this one
(02-07-2017, 02:54 PM)ridgeline Wrote: Take a look about a dozen posts down from this one

And yeah.  A lot of them are problematic.
I got a little more information. He said his isn't a conveyor tracking problem.  Apparently after he gets it adjusted it will start sanding on one side and missing the other.
The drum is probably not parallel to the bed. It is adjustable if you search you can find a PDF copy of the manual on the web.
I checked and he said he has adjusted the parrellism of the drum to the conveyor repeatedly, but it won't stay that way. Is this just not a good tool?
I've had one for fifteen years and love it.  it does take some fiddling to get it set up right, but once done it performed like a champ.  I think the key when you are adjusting it is to make very small adjustments each time, its easy to go to far and get frustrated.
I'd buy it again in a heartbeat.
(02-09-2017, 03:57 PM)Papa Jim Wrote: I checked and he said he has adjusted the parrellism of the drum to the conveyor repeatedly, but it won't stay that way. Is this just not a good tool?

My drum is out a teensy bit as well.  And like him, I've spent quite a bit of time trying to adjust it.  Like the belt issue, I've got it close.  Close enough for what I do.  I run almost everything through it one direction and then the other anyway, so it's really not an issue for me.  I'd like to think these kind of issues would have been identified in the earlier models and 'fixed' going forward.