valve to use to shut off shower hes
(02-15-2017, 03:45 PM)Jack in omaha Wrote: I tried a brass cap and I used teflon tape and tightened but still had the drip so I am perplexed as why. I can only conclude I need more teflon tape. Any other ideas on what I had done wrong?

A trick I learned with those caps, you put a rubber O ring inside the cap, the O  ring outer diam the same size as the inside diam of the cap.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE EQUALS WISDOM. RMB
The SO asked me today, "what are you going to do to day"? I said "nothing".  She said, "that's what you did yesterday"! Me, "Yes love, but I was not finished yet"!!!!!!!!
Smirk

Thank you. And the valve from Amazon above worked and it had a rubber washer. Thanks for the links and good advice no drip.
Well, now how long will you keep the temporary fix?
Rocket Science is more fun when you actually have rockets. 

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government." -- Patrick Henry
Not sure I need an older plumber. It could be a month. My usual plumber is very good he got one side.