Anchoring in Concrete Help Needed
I'm going to pull Ken Vick's 1800 lb jointer into his garage for him when it arrives in a couple of weeks.  My plan to do that is to bolt one or two D-ring type anchors in his garage floor, connect a chain or cable to them leading out to a snatch block.  I'll run the cable from my car winch through the snatch block to the machine (on a wooden skid) and pull it up his driveway and into his garage. 

The machine weighs 1800 lbs.  Even if the friction is as high as 0.5 it should take less than 1000 lbs to slide it.  I'm not worried about my winch, cables or chains.  I'm more concerned with making sure the D-rings don't pull out of the concrete or having a big piece of concrete break out of the floor.  It's a garage floor, 50 years old or so, so probably 5" thick with wire mesh in it. 

How should I anchor the D-rings and how many and what size should I use?  Thanks. 

John
I used to move store gondola that was loaded by just drilling a hole on an angle into the concrete and sticking rod in it and the use a come along.  We moved some that were about 2 tons that way.  Candy and drinks weighs a lot
That would simple.  Did you drive the rod into the ground below or just stick it in the concrete?  How large in diameter was the rod?  

John
Jack up the skid, use rollers.....

Ed
Simpson titen HD screw anchors
Rent a pallet jack and round up another helper. 3 men should move it pretty easy. 
2 is likely enough.
Blackhat

Bad experiences come from poor decisions. So do good stories. 

the partially ruptured tendon in my ankle says make sure you can drop the pallet lifter in a hurry before you put the weight on it.  I forgot that the one at work will not drop if you are pushing back on the handle.  Oops.
I've done the same as Fixtureman. Drilled through the concrete and just used a hardened rod at an angle.

First choice; I agree with the pallet jack and help- would take just a few minutes.

Second choice; I used a heavy 3-1/2' crowbar bar to move a 1,500 lb lathe into position alone- got it across the floor using two automotive floor jacks- the jacks were easy to turn and rolled easily.  Not as stable.

Plan it out well ahead of time and imagine all problems that could happen beforehand and see obstacles.

If it falls over- you're done- run!  
Laugh
To much work. Use rollers. If palletized, black pipe works well. A pic of how it currently looks would help. Even just a make and model.

Furniture dollies can hold lots of weight too

edit: the pallet jack idea is ideal, just more expensive.
Rocket Science is more fun when you actually have rockets. 

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government." -- Patrick Henry
I think black pipe is your best choice if it is sitting on skids.  I didn't see if you have a slope to deal with up hill not to big of a deal down hill can get away from you if the pipe is too big 3 pieces helps keep things moving smoothly as the back piece drops out the other 2 can hold the machine level allowing for easier placement of third.  If it is level no need to use much more than body weight and a clean floor.  I bet you can find a youtube video that will show you how to turn it on pipe too.  

I used furniture dollies to move my 12" Oliver as the ground I was covering was brick not smooth concrete.  It was a bit harder to control because the size of the wheels and slope.  I like to keep things closer to the ground if possible and with the pipe as it rolls out the skids act as brakes and considerably less chance of tipping IME
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.